- Makes: 24 muffins
- Ready In: 40 mins
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
My generous neighbor Jack, who happens to have an amazing green thumb, gave me a couple beautiful zucchinis from his garden. My kids asked if I would make chocolate zucchini bread but I decided to make muffins instead because I didn’t want to have my oven on for an hour in this hot weather. The muffins were a snap to make and tasted really fantastic! The kids loved that I threw in chocolate chips and I loved that I used whole wheat flour. These muffins were a great after lunch snack and a perfect breakfast the following day.
- Calories: 169
- Fat: 9.57g
- Protein: 2.52g
- Sodium: 90mg
- Carbohydrates: 19.30g
- Fiber: 1.49g
- Sugar: 10.6g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 cup of flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup of milk
3/4 cup of canola oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup of zucchini, shredded
1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a muffin tray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the flours, sugar, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cocoa. Mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the shredded zucchini and stir.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined then add the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tray, filling each cup to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 17-20 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool before serving. Enjoy.