- Makes: 4-6 Servings
- Ready In: 25 mins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10-15 mins
Serve as an entrée for a Mexican dish, or tucked in a tortilla for a quick lunch.
- Calories: 174
- Fat: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Sodium: 840mg
- Carbohydrates: 13g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 pound ground lamb, browned and well drained
2 cups cooked brown rice
½ cup chopped red bell pepper
½ cup chopped green bell pepper
½ cup chopped onion
1-½ cups chopped tomatoes
1-teaspoon garlic powder
1-teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons chili powder (or more if you like spicy)
¼ to 1/3-teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
½ teaspoon cumin
- Combine lamb and cooked brown rice in a large skillet.
- Stir-fry peppers and onion over medium-high heat.
- Add peppers, onions, tomatoes, honey, and spices with the rice and lamb.
- Mix well, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.