- Makes: 4 cups (8-10 Servings)
- Ready In: 60 mins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
A creamy veggie dip to help your kids love their raw veggies!
- Calories: 177
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 6g
- Sodium: 81mg
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 3g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 cups dried garbanzo beans
½ cup lemon juice, (4-5 lemons)
½ teaspoon salt
1/3 – ½ cup water
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup tahini
- Soak the dried garbanzo beans in a large bowl with 6 cups of water for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain, transfer to a medium saucepan, and cover with cold water to at least 2 inches above the level of the beans.
- Bring to a boil, and then cook gently over medium heat and cook gently until very soft, about 45 minutes.
- Drain the beans, add to the work bowl of a food processer and pulse with the lemon juice, salt, and 1/3 cup of water until very smooth.
- Add the olive oil and tahini, and process again until completely smooth and creamy.
- If the hummus is too thick, add a little more water.