- Makes: 12-24 Servings
- Ready In: 45 mins
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 40-50 mins
A baby cereal with rich whole grains. A great replacement for white rice baby cereals, and easy to make! See why Dr. Greene recommends brown rice and other whole grains here.
This recipe is from Cathe Olson’s Simply Natural Baby Food.
- Calories: 257
- Fat: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Fiber: 2g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 to 2 cups brown rice, barley, quinoa, or millet
- In dry skillet over medium heat, toast 1 to 2 cups brown rice, barley, quinoa, or millet for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Grains should begin to pop.
- Cool completely. Store in covered jar.
- To serve: Grind desired amount of toasted grain to fine powder in seed grinder or blender.
- Whisk together 1 part cereal powder and 6 parts water.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes, or until soft and smooth.
Variation: For the rest of the family, use 1 part cereal to 4 parts water. Cook 15 to 20 minutes.