- Makes: 6 Servings
- Ready In: 35 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25-30 mins
A tradition at the Greene family Thanksgiving!
- Calories: 45
- Fat: 3g
- Protein: 1g
- Sodium: 194mg
- Carbohydrates: 3g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
1 medium onion, chopped
½ cup slivered almonds
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Cut ends off beans and beak into bite-sized pieces.
- Steam until just tender. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion and slivered almonds in oil until onion becomes transparent.
- Lower heat, add vinegar, and continue cooking until onion starts to caramelize and almonds begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce and beans.
- Cook 1-2 minutes before serving.