- Makes: 6 Servings
- Ready In: 50 mins
- Prep Time: 15-20 mins
- Cook Time: 35-37 mins
This is a super-power-packed dish! Kale is full of vitamins K, A, and C. Combine this with broccoli, green beans, and the sweet taste of banana, and you have an instant winner!
Note: This is a great recipe to spoon over orzo for more texture. Or serve it with any other small pasta that your baby enjoys.
- Calories: 66
- Fat: g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 7g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
1 cup fresh green beans 1 cup fresh broccoli florets (6 to 8 ounces)
1 cup green kale leaves (6 to 8 ounces)
3 ripe medium bananas
- Wash the beans and cut off the ends. Cut the beans into pieces about 1 inch in length.
- Steam the green beans for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Wash and cut the broccoli in pieces 1 to 2 inches in length. Steam for 10 minutes.
- Wash the kale, cut off the stems, and wilt the leaves in a steamer for 5 to 7 minutes. Reserve the liquid from the steamer.
- Peel the bananas and slice into 1-inch pieces.
- Put the beans in a food processor with 1⁄4 cup of the reserved liquid and puree until smooth. Add more of the reserved liquid as needed to reach the desired consistency. A runny consistency is fine at this point.
- Add the broccoli to the green bean puree. Continue to process the mixture until smooth, adding more liquid to keep the mixture from becoming too thick.
- Add the kale leaves to the puree and continue to process, adding more liquid as needed.
- Add the banana pieces and continue to process, adding more liquid as needed until you reach the desired consistency for your baby.