This is a super-power-packed dish! Kale is full of vitamins K, A, and C. Combine this with broccoli, green beans, and the sweet taste of banana, and you have an instant winner!
Note: This is a great recipe to spoon over orzo for more texture. Or serve it with any other small pasta that your baby enjoys.
Green Beans, Broccoli, Kale, and Banana Blend Baby Food Recipe Summary
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Baby Food
- Skill Level: Easy
- 1 cup fresh green beans
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets (6 to 8 ounces)
- 1 cup green kale leaves (6 to 8 ounces)
- 3 ripe medium bananas
- Calories: 66
- Protein: 2 g
- Fat: 0 g
- Sodium: 9 mg
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 7 g
- Wash the beans and cut off the ends. Cut the beans into pieces about 1 inch in length.
- Steam the green beans for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Wash and cut the broccoli in pieces 1 to 2 inches in length. Steam for 10 minutes.
- Wash the kale, cut off the stems, and wilt the leaves in a steamer for 5 to 7 minutes. Reserve the liquid from the steamer.
- Peel the bananas and slice into 1-inch pieces.
- Put the beans in a food processor with 1⁄4 cup of the reserved liquid and puree until smooth. Add more of the reserved liquid as needed to reach the desired consistency. A runny consistency is fine at this point.
- Add the broccoli to the green bean puree. Continue to process the mixture until smooth, adding more liquid to keep the mixture from becoming too thick.
- Add the kale leaves to the puree and continue to process, adding more liquid as needed.
- Add the banana pieces and continue to process, adding more liquid as needed until you reach the desired consistency for your baby.