- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 13 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 3-5 mins
Salsa screams party. It’s bright and colorful with so much flavor, and filled with loads of healthy goodness! You can eat as much as you want without ever having to worry about eating “too much”. And it’s good on just about everything, from scrambled eggs to steak! Have you tried mixing some into cottage cheese? It’s heaven!!
And there are so many different kinds of salsa! Red or green? Spicy or mild? Chunky or blended? The variations are endless!
This salsa is a spicy chipotle, with tomatoes that have been roasted until they’re good and black then blended almost to a puree…perfection!
- Calories: 49
- Fat: g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 7g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 bunch of tomatoes, about two pounds or so
1 clove of garlic
1 big handful of cilantro
1 chipotle pepper or 2, or 3 …
1/4 to 1/2 of red onion, depending on how big it is and how much you like onion
the juice of one lime
- Preheat broiler on high.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place cut side down on a baking sheet.
- Put tomatoes under broiler* – don’t touch them until they’re nice and black (this will give them a nice smoky flavor).
- Set aside to let juices accumulate and cool a bit.
- Meanwhile, put garlic clove in food processor and process until it’s minced. Add the rest of the ingredients except the tomatoes and pulse a few times.
- Press each tomato with a spatula to bring out more juices, then drain all juice from the pan.
- Add tomatoes to processor and pulse until at the consistency that you like.
*This would be amazing on a charcoal grill, so by all means go that route if you’ve got one handy!
Print or email this post: