- Makes: 16-24 Servings
- Ready In: 33 mins
- Prep Time: 15-20 mins
- Cook Time: 18-25 mins
We all love brownies. Whip this recipe up with your family to help celebrate a special occasion.
- Calories: 146
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 2g
- Sodium: 75mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter OR margerine, melted
2 Tablespoons water
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/4 cup (half stick) butter OR margerine, softened
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2-4 Tablespoons milk.
- Stir together sugar, butter and water in a large bowl.
- Stir in eggs; stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, stir into sugar mixture.
- Stir in nuts (optional).
- Spread into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 18 to 25 min. or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool in pan.
- Mix all ingredients for frosting together and frost brownies.