- Makes: 6 Servings
- Ready In: 60 mins
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Using a purchased rotisserie chicken allows you to make this dish in just a few minutes.
Dr. Greene suggests you use organic ingredients when possible, especially for dairy and egg products.
- Calories: 528
- Fat: 30g
- Protein: 35g
- Sodium: 1194mg
- Fiber: 2g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 1/2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
3 green onions, minced
1 cup salsa, divided
1 tsp. cumin
3 oz. cream cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
6 whole wheat flour tortillas
2 Tbsp. butter (melted)
Optional toppings: Sour cream, chopped lettuce and diced tomatoes.
- Brown chicken until juices run clear, drain, cool and shred. (Or use purchased rotisserie chicken.)
- In same skillet, heat minced green onions over medium heat.
- Add shredded chicken, cumin, cream cheese and 2/3 cup of salsa.
- Mix well and cook over low heat until cream cheese is melted.
- Add 1 cup shredded cheddar and cook until bubbly.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave 45 seconds on high power.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, brush both sides of a tortilla with the melted butter.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture on one side of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of Mexican blend shredded cheese, roll the tortilla and place seam side down in prepared casserole dish.
- Repeat procedure until chicken mixture is gone.
- Spread remaining salsa and cheeses on top of tortillas.
- Bake for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly.