- Makes: 1/2 Cup per Serving (5 Servings)
- Ready In: 40 mins
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 35-40 mins
Here’s a cold breakfast cereal you can feel good about. It is easy to make in advance and will keep in your refrigerator for days. It’s delicious sprinkled over fruit, too.
This recipe is gluten-free. To learn morn about what gluten-free means, read Dr. Greene’s article here.
- Calories: 331
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 10g
- Sodium: 8mg
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 10g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 cups raw whole buckwheat groats
2 tablespoons maple syrup, brown rice syrup, agave nectar, or honey (optional)
1/4 cup nut or seed butter (almond butter, tahini, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Spread buckwheat on large baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir buckwheat around a bit. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes more until golden.
- Immediately mix hot buckwheat with sweetener and nut or seed butter until buckwheat is coated.
- Cool. Store in covered jar in refrigerator.
- To serve, place 1/2 cup of cereal in bowl, cover with milk. Add fresh or dried fruit if desired.