- Makes: 1 loaf (8-10 Servings)
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 mins
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 60-65 mins
A family favorite around the holidays.
- Calories: 170
- Fat: 6g
- Protein: 2g
- Sodium: 147mg
- Carbohydrates: 27g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 Cups flour
1 Cup packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ginger or cloves
1 Cup canned pumpkin
½ Cup milk
1/3 Cup shortening
½ Cup chopped walnuts (optional)
½ Cup raisins (optional)
- In a large mixer bowl combine 1 Cup of the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and ginger or cloves.
- Add pumpkin, milk, eggs and shortening.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed till blended, then on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining flour, beat well.
- Stir in nuts and raisins if desired.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove from the pan; cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
- Wrap and store overnight before slicing.