- Makes: 24 (24 Servings)
- Ready In: 32 mins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 17-20 mins
These tasty muffins are a great way to use zucchini fresh from the garden. These muffins only take 20 minutes to bake instead of the hour for baking zucchini bread, which is great in hot weather. The muffins are a snap
to make and taste really fantastic! The kids will love the chocolate chips and you will love the whole wheat flour. These muffins are a great after lunch snack and a perfect breakfast the following day.
- Calories: 169
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 90mg
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 11g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 cup of flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup of milk
3/4 cup of canola oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup of zucchini, shredded
1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a muffin tray with cooking spray.
- n a large bowl combine the flours, sugar, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cocoa. Mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Add the shredded zucchini and stir.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined then add the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tray, filling each cup to the top.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool before serving. Enjoy.