- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 15 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5-10 mins
Mild green chilies and lots of cheese make these snacks fun for kids to put together and are even more fun to eat.
Dr. Greene suggests you use organic ingredients when possible, especially for dairy and egg products.
- Calories: 243
- Fat: 17g
- Protein: 10g
- Sodium: 404mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
Nutritional Information (per serving)
8 small whole wheat tortillas
1 1/3 cups Mexican shredded cheese
1/2 cup canned diced green chilies
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
salsa and sour cream, as accompaniments
- Preheat the grill or griddle to medium high.
- To assemble each quesadilla, sprinkle a tortilla with 1/3 cup of cheese and two tablespoons of diced green chilies.
- Top with a second tortilla to form a sandwich.
- Brush one side of each quesadilla with melted butter and grill, butter-side-down, until the tortilla is golden and crisp and the cheese is beginning to melt.
- Brush the other side with butter and flip to finish grilling.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve warm with salsa and sour cream.
Print or email this post: