- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 30 mins
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
A cheesy twist on the ultimate comfort food. Dr. Greene suggests you use organic ingredients when possible, especially for dairy and egg products.
- Calories: 412
- Fat: 43g
- Protein: 10g
- Sodium: 616mg
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 pounds potatoes such as Yukon Gold, peeled and quartered
3 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
1/2 cup milk, room temperature
2/3 cup sour cream, room temperature
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, room temperature
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Boil potatoes in salted water until very tender (about 20 minutes).
- Drain potatoes and return to the cooking pot over very low heat.
- Mash thoroughly with a potato masher. Add butter, milk, sour cream, and cheese and mash to blend well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.