- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 1 hr 24 mins
- Prep Time: 1 hr 15 mins
- Cook Time: 9-12 mins
This is a very easy way to prepare fish. The pan-frying to start seals the juices in. Three tablespoons of Lime Boost can be substituted for lime and sugar. Slightly sweeter but works just as well.
Preparation time: 1 hour for marinating, then 15 minutes. Makes 4 4-ounce servings.
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 12g
- Protein: 26g
- Sodium: 323mg
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Sugar: 1g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 tablespoon tamari (soy sauce)
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoons grated gingerroot
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon sugar
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound halibut filet
- Put tamari, 2 tablespoons of oil, gingerroot, lime juice, sugar, and garlic in a small mixing bowl; whisk together.
- Place fish in a shallow pan and pour marinade over the top. Allow to marinate ½ - 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in an oven-proof skillet, cast iron is good.
- Place halibut in the pan, skin side up and sear for one minute, turn and sear second side for one minute.
- Leave fish in the skillet and place in oven. Bake until fish is almost cooked through, about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven and place on stove over low heat (skillet will be very hot from the oven).
- Add remaining marinade, letting the liquid heat and reduce before serving.