Blood Types 102: The Role of A, B, O, and AB Groups In Determining Paternity

Hello Doc, Is there any way of determining the father of a child before it is born?
Jamaica

Bllod Types 102

Dr. Greene’s Answer:

Having a baby is a lifelong responsibility and hopefully an even greater reward — for somebody! As a mother’s belly swells, she knows with deep certainty that the child is hers. Each time the baby moves or kicks, the bond between her and her child grows.

Depending on the situation, the father may be pretty sure that the child is his. For most of history, though, dads have had to rely on circumstantial evidence as the foundation on which to build this crucial relationship. After the baby was born, he could feel more sure he was the dad if the baby looked like him (“He has your feet, Honey!”), but often these early resemblances are at least partially creative imaginations.

In 1901 biologist Karl Landsteiner distinguished between three types of blood — groups A, B, and O. A fourth group — AB — was discovered a year later by another research team. As the inheritance patterns of these blood groups were worked out over the next decades, it became possible to include the use of blood type in determining paternity by excluding some men from being the fathers of some children. For instance, if the parents both have blood type O, then the children must all have blood type O. If a child were to have blood type A, B, or AB, then the presumed father must not be the real father. If the child’s blood type were O, then the presumed father might be the real father — but so might millions of other men.

Using Blood Type in Determining Paternity:Possible and Impossible Situations

Parents’ Blood Types

Possible Children

Impossible Children

A & A

A, O

B, AB

A & B

A, B, AB, O

none

A & AB

A, B, AB

O

A & O

A, O

B, AB

B & B

B, O

A, AB

B & AB

A, B, AB

O

B & O

B, O

A, AB

AB &AB

A, B, AB

O

AB & O

A, B

AB, O

O & O

O

A, B, AB

 

These are general rules, though, and exceptions apply. Very rarely, gene mutations may change the rules such that “impossible children” become possible.

Today there are over 600 blood types known (as well as other tissue types called HLA types), which can make paternity testing far more accurate — but still not perfect.

Determining Father Before a Baby is Born

It is also now possible to determine the father before a baby is born. This is done by comparing DNA molecules — our genetic blueprints. To do this you need a blood sample from both the mother and the potential father (testing without the mother’s blood is possible, but more difficult — and more expensive). You also need a small sample of amniotic fluid (the water that the baby is floating in). Less than 1/4 teaspoon is sufficient for the test. The amniotic fluid may be obtained by a process called amniocentesis. This procedure is performed no earlier than 13 weeks into the pregnancy.

A court order or informed consent of all adults involved is required to proceed with paternity testing.

You will need to wait 3 to 4 long weeks for the results. Waiting for these test results can be a very anxious time. Rush orders take 10 to 15 business days, but cost about $500 extra.

Either way, if the test says that a man is not the father, then legally and truly he is not (it can absolutely exclude some men as the father of a certain child). If the test says that he is the father, then he probably is — there is about a 99.8% chance that he is. DNA testing is now legally accepted as able to determine paternity.

There are about one million two hundred eighteen thousand five hundred males in Jamaica (as of 1992). A positive DNA paternity test could limit the potential fathers to only about 2,437 of them (plus 0.2% of the tourists). Only 2 out of 1000 men could possibly be the father. As you can see, a positive paternity test is good evidence, but not an ironclad guarantee.

Paternity Testing

Prenatal paternity testing can be arranged through a company called Genelex, located in Seattle, Washington. They are very helpful, and can be reached at 1.800.523.6487 or healthanddna.com. The test costs $700.

If you wait until after the baby is born, DNA testing can be arranged through most local blood banks (many of which use Genelex). The blood sample can be obtained at birth. Otherwise, the baby should be at least 2 months old, since a fair amount of blood is needed for the test. In my area, this option costs about $600.

I realize that the circumstances that prompt a person to undergo paternity testing are often difficult. I hope that whatever you want turns out to be true. Even more, I hope that whatever turns out to be true becomes something that you learn to want.

Dr. Alan Greene

Dr. Greene is the founder of DrGreene.com (cited by the AMA as “the pioneer physician Web site”), a practicing pediatrician, father of four, & author of Raising Baby Green & Feeding Baby Green. He appears frequently in the media including such venues as the The New York Times, the TODAY Show, Good Morning America, & the Dr. Oz Show.

  1. JD

    Hi Dr. I have a question regarding “weak D”. Both mother and father have a blood type test result of “B Positive”. Child received a result of “B Positive with Weak D”. Would the weak D have to be inherited from one of the parents?

    Added:
    Reply
  2. Sandra L

    my father was A-
    my mother was O-
    I am O+
    ?

    Are these blood type possible?
    Really not important just curious, my Dad gave me a funny look when I told him my blood type just before he pasted in 2006.

    Added:
    Reply
    • Rh- is recessive. Therefore two Rh- parents will have Rh- children.

      You are in a tough position since you can’t confirm your father’s blood type, but it is not at all unusual for one of the three blood types to be different than what was reported or different from what is remembered. There’s so much that can go wrong during testing and reporting.

      I hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  3. Ivyg

    Hello, Dr Green! I read the article and I’m pretty much confused. These are the facts – father is 0+, mother is B+, child is AB+. There is no any doubt that they are the parents. Is this a case of an exception?

    Added:
    Reply
  4. CoCo

    My mother’s O+ but, I’m AB- there is no way what so ever that I’m adopted. There are pictures of me in the hospital when I was born and when my mother was pregnant with me.

    We’re unsure what blood type my father is, though he’s most likely O.

    So how is that possible?

    Added:
    Reply
  5. Anand

    Hi sir i am anand from india , sir my blood group A+
    And my wife A-

    1 year before she born a baby boy but 3 day after he death .. Delivery time doctor not give RHOGAM shot .. Now she is agin pregnant
    Dear sir now what i do , it,s her second delivery how i give her anty D injection and qhich week ..

    Added:
    Reply
  6. Parentally Confused

    Good Evening, I have a confusing “typing” issue. My “dad” {according to the US Army is “O+” but according to one of my older sisters he had “A+” typing}. My mother had “O-“, I am daughter # 3 of theirs and I have “A+” typing. My husband is “AB+”, our children are the following types; 1st daughter is “A-“, 2nd daughter is “B-“, my son is “B+”. I requested that my children be re-tested along with my husband and they all came back with their same types unchanged. I do not look like anyone on my “dad’s” side at all. My 1st sister & my only brother look just like my “dad” & his side of the family. My 2nd sister & I do not look like our “dad” at all. I am only 5’6″, green eyes, very light blond hair, & stocky build, my “dad” was 6’3″ & very thin build with blue/ black hair, dark brown eyes and my mom was 5’5″, very dark brown eyes, dark auburn hair, & stocky build. All of my siblings have dark brown hair, sister #2 & brother have dark brown eyes, 1st sister has one dark brown eye & one dark blue eye and all of them have thin builds. I asked my biology professor, who has her Masters in Blood Serology, if My “dad” could be my “dad” & she said that there’s no way he could be. So could you tell me your opinion on this confusion. Could you please shed some light on this as both my “dad” & mom have passed on & my siblings refuse to be tested to see if we have the same parents or not. I would really like to know if I am truly related to them or not.

    Added:
    Reply
  7. Anonymous

    This basically is not a comment but a question.
    Its that I wanted to know if your blood group doesn’t matches to any of your family member that is mother, father, sister or brother then does it means that the child is not their own child??????????
    Please reply on my personal email address.[email address redacted]
    Thank you

    Added:
    Reply
    • Dear Anonymous,

      I’m sorry, but we do not respond via email, only in a public forum. I did want to answer your question, though because I think it’s one other people may have.

      It is possible to have a different blood type than any of your first degree relatives. Here is one example:
      — Parent One has type A+ blood
      — Parent Two has type B+ blood
      — Child One has type A+ blood
      — Child Two has Type B+
      — Child Three has type AB- blood

      I hope this helps.
      @MsGreene
      Co-founder and Executive Producer, DrGreene.com

      Added:
      Reply
      • LorriA

        My mother is an A, my father B. I am an O. My siblings are A, B and AB.

        Added:
        Reply
        • Hello LorriA,

          Blood types have two alleles. Each child gets one allele from each parent. A and B are dominant and O is recessive. In the example you provide here is how it could look:

          — Parent One has type A blood, which can be AA or AO, but in this scenario, we can assume it’s AO
          — Parent Two has type B blood, which can be BB or BO, but in this scenario, we can assume it’s BO
          — Child One gets an O from each parent and has type O blood
          — Child Two gets an A from one parent and an O from the other (AO) and has Type A blood
          — Child Three gets a B from one parent and an O from the other (BO) and has Tyup B blood
          — Child Four gets an A from one parent and B from one parent and has type AB blood

          Does this make sense?
          @MsGreene
          Co-founder and Executive Producer, DrGreene.com

          Added:
          Reply
  8. AM

    Can a child be A-blood type if both the father and mother have O+ blood types?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Dear AM,

      That’s not considered a possible outcome for two O+ parents.

      If the mother is sure there could only be one father, it’s time to get everyone re-tested. Mistakes do happen in the testing process. If there’s more than one possible father, a DNA paternity test will be much more specific about who the father is.

      Hope that’s helpful.

      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
      • A. Matthews

        That is exactly what I thought also. Thanks for clearing this up for me and the child.

        Added:
        Reply
  9. Linda Woodhall

    My father was born in 1904. My brother and I are attempting to determine his blood type. Is there anyway you know of that we could trace this down?

    Added:
    Reply
  10. GOPAL

    DEAR SIR I AM 0+ AND MY WIFE ALSO O+ BUT CHILD ARE B + IS POSSIBLE PLEAS HELP ME

    Added:
    Reply
    • Gopal,

      Our current science doesn’t support this combination. However, there are several possibilities — One of the three blood tests could be in error, they could have been reported in error, one of the results could have been remembered incorrectly, etc. Before jumping to any conclusions, it’s wise to have all three blood types re-tested.

      I hope that helps.
      @MsGreene
      Co-founder & Executive Producer, DrGreene.com

      Added:
      Reply
  11. Kathleen Walters

    My father was type AB+ blood type the only one out of 4 siblings.
    How does that happen?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Hi Kathleen,

      Here are the options:
      — One parent is A and the other is B
      — One parent is A and the other is AB
      — One parent is B and the other is AB
      — One parent is AB and the other is AB

      I hope that’s helpful,
      @MsGreene
      Co-founder & Executive Producer, DrGreene.com

      Added:
      Reply
  12. Nicole

    I’m trying to guess what my children’s blood type might be: Just curiosity for now.

    My first daughter: I am A+ and her biological dad is also A+, what possibilities does she have for her blood type?
    My second daughter: Again, I am A+ and her dad is O+, what possibilities does she have for her blood type?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Hi Nicole,

      Everyone has to alleles that make up blood type. Each parent passes one of theirs down to their child — one from mom and one from dad.

      If one parent has type A+ blood, that person has either A & A, or A & O. A is dominant and O is recessive, so with one A & one O the type is still A. If the other parent is O+, that person has two O alleles. That means each of their children will get an O allele.

      In your example, parent one is A+ and parent two is A+ — each of their children could be A or O type (O if they get the recessive gene from both parents).

      In your second example, parent one is A+ and the other parent is O+ — each of their children could be A or O type (O if they get the recessive gene from both parents).

      The only difference in the two examples is the likelihood of type O blood in the child, which is high if one parent is type O, but completely possible even if both parents are type A.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene
      Co-founder and Executive Producer, DrGreene.com

      Added:
      Reply
  13. Jane

    I’m rheses negative B my daughter is A+ what blood group does that make her dad

    Added:
    Reply
  14. bunny

    I am B+ and my wife is O+. I had a son of A+. Whether is it possible?

    Added:
    Reply
  15. ikapel

    Hi Dr. am Ikapel. am a lady and i have had three husbands. am rhesus negative, my first hubby was rhesus positive and i had with him one son, then the second was rhesus negative and we had a son. now am expectant for the third husband who is rhesus positive, could the antibodies that were developed during my time with the first husband be there so as to recognize thiz zygote as foreign or they were they cleared with time because its now 4 yrs. no hospital near.

    Added:
    Reply
    • Ikapel,

      I’m not a doctor, but it’s my understanding that the risk is a life time risk. You should be tested and likely treated before becoming pregnant again.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene
      Co-founder and Executive Producer, DrGreene.com

      Added:
      Reply
  16. Lisa

    I told my daughter that she will be B+ because you had to have either your mother or fathers blood type and I and my husband are both B+. I was WRONG when she got pregnant they took her blood and told her she was B-. Her husband was also B+ like us (the grandparents). She got one shot mid. pregnancy but when the baby was born they said she didn’t need another shot because the baby was also B-. Can the Rh- be on any blood type no matter if both parents are positive?

    Added:
    Reply
    • “Can the Rh- be on any blood type no matter if both parents are positive?”

      Because of dominant and recessive genes, there is a 6.25% chance that the child of two Rh+ parents will be Rh-. T

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  17. shreeprasad

    if father and mother are of B+and O+ respectively what will be blood group of child?

    Added:
    Reply
    • If one parent is B+ and the other is O+, there is a 75% chance that each of their children will have type O blood and a 25% chance of having type B blood. There is a 93.75% chance that each of their children will be Rh+ and a 6.25% chance that each of their children will be Rh-. That means each child could be:
      — O+
      — O-
      — B+
      — B-

      Hope that’s helpful,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  18. Yeeshu

    Dear sir
    I have A + blood group and my wife having o+ but born baby blood group is B+ is this possible or not

    Added:
    Reply
    • According to our best current science, it is not considered possible for a baby to have blood type B if one parent has blood type A and the other has blood type O.

      It is not uncommon for blood types to be in error either from a lab mix-up, a reporting error or one party not remembering his or her blood type correctly. It would be wise to have all three party’s blood retested.

      I hope that is helpful,
      @MsGreene
      Co-founder & executive producer, DrGreene.com

      Added:
      Reply
    • Crystal

      That would be no. I think your wife has some explaining to do. I’m sorry!

      Added:
      Reply
  19. OPHINTA

    CAN A O BLOOD TYPE GET PRENANCY FROM SOMEONE WHO HAVE B

    Added:
    Reply
  20. Anonymous

    Hi there. So my boyfriend is AB positive and I’m O positive but our twins are O positive and O negative. Does this mean there is a chance my boyfriend isn’t the father?

    Added:
    Reply
  21. Sandy

    Im O- and my husband is A+ we have a son who is B+ and my sister told me that’s not possible is she wrong

    Added:
    Reply
    • One of your blood types may not be what you think it is, but the scenario you’ve outlined is not considered possible. Here’s why …

      Each person has two alleles that make up their blood type. The A and B alleles are dominant and O in recessive.

      — Type A = A & O or A & A
      — Type B = B & O or B & B
      — Type O = O & O
      — Type AB = A & B

      Each parent gives one allele to their child. In this example:
      — Type O can only give an O
      — Type A can give an A or an O

      The child can be:
      — Type O = O from one parent and O from the other parent
      — Type A = A from one parent and O from the other parent

      But there is another issue in the scenario you outlined. From what you’ve said, you have Rh- blood and your child has Rh+ blood. In this scenario, you should have received treatment to prevent problems in future pregnancies. Did you have treatment? If not, you need to talk to your doctor before possibly becoming pregnant again. Dr. Greene has a full explanation here –> How To Determine and Manage Rh Incompatibility.

      I hope that’s helpful,
      @MsGreene
      Co-founder & Executive Producer, DrGreene.com

      Added:
      Reply
  22. Kadas

    My baby is B negative and im B positive his dad AB positive can this be right is this his father

    Added:
    Reply
    • Hi Kadas,

      If one parent is B+ and the other is AB+, each of their children have a 50% chance of having type B blood and a 25% chance of being Rh-. If your scenario, this neither proves nor disproves that the man you think is your baby’s father is his actual biological father.

      I hope that’s helpful.
      @MsGreene
      Co-founder & Executive Producer, DrGreene.com

      Added:
      Reply
  23. esther

    AM Esther

    hello doctor. if its my first pregnancy and i have o negative and my husband has o positive. do i begin injections at the first born? or second??

    Added:
    Reply
  24. esther

    my husband is O positive and me i also have O negative. is it possible for us to have a baby’s born alive? advice us Dr.

    Added:
    Reply
    • Hi Esther,

      Dr. Greene has written a lengthly answer to a question very similar to yours. You can find it here –> How To Determine and Manage Rh Incompatibility.

      It’s important that you discuss this with your doctor, including any past pregnancies you’ve had, even if you’ve miscarried.

      I hope this is helpful,
      @MsGreene
      Co-founder & Executive Producer, DrGreene.com

      Added:
      Reply
  25. Esther

    Hi Dr.
    My husband is B positive and I am O positive. I hope there won’t be problem in having a issue.

    Added:
    Reply
    • Hi Esther,

      B+ and O+ are compatible blood types. The only issues occur when the mother is Rh- and the father is Rh+. Dr. Greene discusses that here, but it is not an issue if the mother is Rh+.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  26. SK

    I’m O positive. My mom is A positive, but as from what my mom says my one possible father is B positive and my other possible father is O positive. Who is the father…

    Added:
    Reply
    • Hi SK,

      Each person has two alleles that comprise the blood type. It looks like this:

      AO = Blood type A
      BO = Blood type B
      OO = Blood type O
      AB = Blood type AB

      A parent can pass down either of the alleles to the child. If one parent is A+ that parent has an A and an O allele. If the child is O+ the child has two O alleles. The child’s father could be A+ (AO), B+ (BO) or O+ (OO).

      For you to know who your father is, you would need a DNA paternity test.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
      • Julia

        How about my dad is o- and my mom is a+, I’m ab+… I was told he isn’t my real dad, you think this is possible

        Added:
        Reply
        • Julia

          How about my dad is o- and my mom is a+, I’m ab+… I was told he isn’t my real dad, you think this is possible, also my sister is o+

          Added:
          Reply
  27. Alexandria

    I’m o positive and my mother is o negative what blood type could my father be.
    Also my son is A- what type would his dad be

    Added:
    Reply
    • If one parent is O+ and the child is O-, the other parent could be A+, B+ or O+.

      If one parent is O+ and the child is A-, the other parent could be A+ or AB+.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene
      Co-founder & Executive Producer, DrGreene.com

      Added:
      Reply
  28. Will

    My wife is A- and I am B+. We have being trying to conceive but have not been successful thus far, please tell me if we are compatible to conceive.

    Added:
    Reply
    • Hi Will,

      Conception isn’t determined by blood type compatibility. If you are concerned that it is taking too long to conceive, you may want to see a fertility specialist.

      The problem with blood type incompatibility comes to the baby, but rarely the first baby. Dr. Greene discusses this in an answer to another reader — How To Determine and Manage Rh Incompatibility. He says:

      People are called Rh-negative if they do not have the rhesus (Rh) protein on the surfaces of their blood cells. If Rh-positive blood cells get into the bloodstream of someone who is Rh-negative, the body of that Rh-negative person will see this as an enemy invasion.

      Unprepared, the Rh-negative person will begin to make antibodies (what you call anticorps) against the foreign Rh protein. This first exposure is often not even noticed. The next time an exposure occurs, though, the body is primed to seek and destroy all Rh-positive blood cells. All-out war can occur inside an Rh-negative person’s body.

      A terrible condition called hydrops fetalis can be the result of that war. Rh incompatibility produces a wide variety of outcomes. Sometimes only mild anemia and perhaps a little jaundice are the only signs there has been a conflict.

      But sometimes the results are catastrophic. The first pregnancy is rarely a problem because blood is often not exchanged until the time of birth. But with each subsequent pregnancy, the risk for hydrops increases.

      This is important for you to discuss with your doctors, but there is a treatment.

      By giving anti-D globulin (RhoGAM) to Rh-negative moms during and shortly after each pregnancy (including after miscarriages and abortions), 99% of mothers will not develop anti-Rh antibodies.2 Unfortunately, about 1% still do.

      I hope this is helpful,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  29. Sara

    If I am O negative and the baby’s father is also O negative is it considered a genetic mutation if the baby is O positive?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Hi Sara,

      Before calling it a genetic mutation, all blood types would have to be confirmed through repeat testing and paternity testing would have to be done.

      Hope that helps.
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  30. Teodora

    Hello! When you say “impossible children”, what are the odds? If my presumed Dad is o+, my mom is B+, but I am AB+, is there no chance my Dad is who he claims to be?

    Added:
    Reply
  31. Tim

    I have type O+ my ex wife has B+ is it possible that we could have a child with type ab- my mother and half sister both had ab+

    Added:
    Reply
  32. Brett Muney

    Both kids are o+ and wife is o+. What am I(dad)?

    Added:
    Reply
    • If one parent is O+ and children are O+, the other parent could be A+, B+ or O+. The other parent could NOT be A-, B-, O-, AB- or AB+.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  33. Lyndale Acena

    Hi, i want to ask if its possible if my baby got type B ? Me and my bf is Type O

    Added:
    Reply
  34. rajeshkashid

    when the parents having same blood group then there is possibility to born the baby

    Added:
    Reply
  35. Kadas

    Im B positive and my baby is B negative. The one Guy is Ab Positive and the other guy is B negative. I would like to know who is the father of my baby.

    Added:
    Reply
    • In the situation you describe, blood type alone will not provide the answer. Either man could be the father. A DNA paternity test is the next step if you want an answer.

      Added:
      Reply
      • Liza

        I’m aa and my husband’s o what would our child have for blood type?

        Added:
        Reply
        • Each parent passes down one allele. If you are AA, you would pass on an A allele. Type O blood is always OO. If your husband is type O, he would pass down an O.

          A is considered dominate and O is recessive, so if a child got one A and one O, the child would be AO, which is type A blood.

          Hope this helps,
          @MsGreene

          Added:
          Reply
  36. KOUSTAV

    i am 0(-) blood group,my wife has 0(+), can baby possible at this situation???? plz,sir!!! we are tensed.

    Added:
    Reply
    • The Rh incompatibility problem is only an issue if the mother is Rh- and the father is Rh+. There is not an issue if the mother is Rh+. For a full explanation, read Dr. Greene’s answer to another reader — How to Determine and Manage Rh Incompatibility.

      I hope that’s helpful.
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  37. DEVANK

    Can a child have blood group B negative when his father have O positive and mother have B positive. Plz reply.

    Added:
    Reply
    • Yes, this is possible. There is a 75% chance of being type B and a 6.25% chance of being Rg negative.

      Added:
      Reply
  38. sohel rana

    I m AB+ and my wife is B+ is there any effect of my baby or any problems for my baby life

    Added:
    Reply
  39. swetha

    Mine would be o+ and my husband is B- wht would be child birth then can i know…..

    Added:
    Reply
    • If mine parent is O+ and one parent is B- there is a 75% chance each child will be blood group O and 25% chance each child will be blood group B. There is a 75% chance each child will be Rh+ and 25% chance of being Rh-. This means any child could be:
      O+
      B+
      O-
      B-

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  40. jhon

    my blood 0+and my wife a- what posibale baby and chance plz tel me

    Added:
    Reply
    • If one parent is O+ and one is A- there is a 75% chance each of their children will be blood group A and a 25% chance each of their children will be blood group O. In addition there is a 75% chance each of their children will be Rh+ and a 25% chance each of their children will be Rh-.

      Hope that is helpful,
      @MsGreene
      Executive producer, DrGreene.com

      Added:
      Reply
  41. jhon

    hi i am male my blood 0+ and female a- what baby save or no tell me pleace

    Added:
    Reply
    • Suprava Mahara

      You say your wife is A-,we don’t know the blood group of your baby.He/She could be positive or negative since you are O+.Now there will not be any problem if your baby also has negative blood group like the mother.But if the baby is positive and the mother is negative,then there will be loss of 2nd baby(not the first one).We have an injection to stop that,its called RhoGAM .So don’t panic right now.You need the baby’s blood to be positive for bad things to happen.IF the baby is negative,everything is okay.IF not there is always an injection :)

      Added:
      Reply
  42. surendra k shukla

    hi doctor, Pls tell me is it possible that if mother is O positive and father is O Positive but child is B Positive.

    Added:
    Reply
    • Lyndale Acena

      I ask the same question, my baby is type B. But me and my bf is type O

      Added:
      Reply
  43. Jackie

    If mom is O+ and dad is AB+ and both sons are B+ and B-. What is the likely hood percentage wise that the one with B+ is not the dads.

    Added:
    Reply
    • Jackie

      Very interested in your answer. It is causing quite the debate on our end. Thank you. The child in questions mannerisms are just like the father, even though he was never around him, but he has none of the physical attributes that seem to be prominent in the rest of the family.

      Added:
      Reply
    • If one parent is O+ and the other is AB+ there is a 50% chance each of their children with be blood group B (the other 50% will be blood group A). 93.75% of their children will be Rh+ and 6.25% will be Rh-.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  44. kumara

    mother and father O+ and son also O+. is there any effect of my baby son?

    Added:
    Reply
  45. Sherry

    Hi doctor if theres only two possible fathers can a blood type test definitely eliminate one of them and if so how is that possible

    Added:
    Reply
    • That depends on the blood type of the mother, the baby and the two men. It is possible with some combinations, but I wouldn’t count on it. A paternity test is a much better test.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  46. Bilinda

    Hi .. My recently born niece is B positive and her mom and dad are of same blood group A positive. Is it possible?

    Added:
    Reply
  47. jay ar

    hi doc! is it possible for blood type O for women and blood type A for men to have a baby?

    Added:
    Reply
  48. jay ar

    hi doc ..my girlfriend blood Type is O and mine is A..is this possible blood type match for a baby?

    Added:
    Reply
  49. Nina

    Both of my parents have blood type O, and I as their daughter is blood type AB. Is it possible?

    Added:
    Reply
    • In genetics, the blood type gene has two alleles. Each of the two allele has genotype A, B or O. The O is recessive and the A and B are dominant. We call blood types by their dominant allele name, if there is a dominant and a recessive allele. Here are the possible combinations and what they are named.
      – If allele A is combined with allele O, the person has type A blood.
      – If allele A is combined with allele A, the person has type A blood.
      – If allele B is combined with allele O, the person has type B blood.
      – If allele B is combined with allele B, the person has type B blood.
      – If allele O is combined with allele O, the person has type O blood.
      – If allele A is combined with allele B, the person has type AB blood.

      Each parent provides one allele to the child — half of the blood type comes from mom and half from dad. To have the blood type AB, you would need to get the A from one parent and the B from the other. If both mom and dad are type O, that means they both have two O alleles and can only pass down O alleles.

      Before you jump to any conclusions, do consider the possibilities — tests can be in error, memories can be wrong. The best thing to do is talk to your parents.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  50. D.latha

    Hello doctor…..
    My parents both are o+ blood group,i am o +,but my two brothers are hav A+ blood group is it possible

    Added:
    Reply
    • In genetics, the blood type gene has two alleles. Each of the two allele has genotype A, B or O. The O is recessive and the A and B are dominant. We call blood types by their dominant allele name, if there is a dominant and a recessive allele. Here are the possible combinations and what they are named.

      – If allele A is combined with allele O, the person has type A blood.
      – If allele A is combined with allele A, the person has type A blood.
      – If allele B is combined with allele O, the person has type B blood.
      – If allele B is combined with allele B, the person has type B blood.
      – If allele O is combined with allele O, the person has type O blood.
      – If allele A is combined with allele B, the person has type AB blood.

      Each parent provides one allele to the child — half of the blood type comes from mom and half from dad. To have the blood type A, your brothers would need to get the A from one parent. If both mom and dad are type O, that means they both have two O alleles and can only pass down O alleles.

      Before you jump to conclusions, keep in mind there are many possible explanations. Talk to your mother. Consider re-testing everyone in the family if she doesn’t have information for you. And possibly consider dropping it. If your brothers aren’t concerned, it may be best to leave it alone.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
      • stephen sekyi

        please doctor i am AS- and my girlfriend is O+what possible child are going to have please i need answer.

        Added:
        Reply
    • D.latha

      Oh my god mind blowing… I can’t believing….ohh my god

      Added:
      Reply
    • D.latha

      Hi doctor,
      Is it possible to children having parents either mother or fAther blood group…

      Added:
      Reply
  51. Charlie

    If one parent is native american and has the rare type RzRz and the other parent is A+, what is the child’s blood type likely to be?

    Added:
    Reply
  52. Isaac

    Can we have a child with blood group O- if I am A+ and my wife is A- ?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Hi Isaac,

      There is a 6.25% chance that each child of parents who are A+ and A- will be blood group O and a 25% chance each child will be Rh-. Possible blood types for these two parents are:
      A+
      A-
      O+
      O-

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  53. Joyce

    I have o+ and my husband is b+ is it possible for our child to be o-?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Hi Joyce,

      Yes it is possible for a child to be O- if one parent is O+ and the other is B+. The odds for each child are 25% chance of being type O and 6.25% of being Rh-. Possible combinations are:
      B+
      B-
      O+
      O-

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  54. Laurissa

    Both of my parents are A negative. My brother who is 6 yrs older has the same parents as me, and has A negative, I’m A positive. Is that possible?

    Added:
    Reply
  55. DebJani Mallick

    Hey dr. I wnt to know: if father is B+ and mother’s blood group is O-. Can they have kids?

    Added:
    Reply
  56. sue

    Both my parents and 6 siblings have A pos im O rh D neg is this possible

    Added:
    Reply
  57. Eva

    My blood group is B positive and my husband blood group is B negative. We are healthy and still haven’t physical problem. but what is the possibility of any problem in blood group about our child? is there any ?

    Added:
    Reply
  58. Matet

    My parents are type ab and o types of blood and i am type o ..but in the chart i am impossible child..but my mom is already dead and some of my relative told me that her type of blood is ab!!

    Added:
    Reply
    • Gina Loree Griffin

      I think this particular article is crap. I have two children, I’m 0+, my husband is ab-…both of my children are 0+. In other articles I’ve read, this is not only possible but absolutely correct. Check the American Red Cross.

      Added:
      Reply
      • Terese

        Hi gina, hows your two baby?im 4months pregnant my ob told me that im type O+ and my husband is type AB there will be possibilities that my unborn child will likely to have jaundice

        Added:
        Reply
  59. azzam hawil

    I am A+ type and my wife is AB+, my little girl is O-, can this be possible, knowing that my father is O+ and my wife’s mother is O-.
    Thanks

    Added:
    Reply
  60. azzam hawil

    I am A+ type and my wife is AB+, my little girl is O-, can this be possible, knowing that my father is A+ and my wife’s mother is O-.
    Thanks

    Added:
    Reply
  61. Rachael

    Dr. Green, may I still ask a question about blood but not about the blood types?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Everyone is welcome to post to comments. Not all comments or questions get replies. We do our best and we strongly urge readers to answer each others’ questions.

      Added:
      Reply
  62. Gift

    My parents are both 0+ blood group type, and all my siblings are 0+ blood group type, and am 0- blood group type, I have re-test over and over,still showing same result, pls is this possible? Are they really my parents? Or there’s a mistake some where? Pls if possible email me the answer in private. Kind regards.

    Added:
    Reply
    • You can relax. This is totally possible. Each child of two O+ parents has a 6.25% chance of being O-. Here is the explanation from Are They Really My Parents? by Dr. Greene:

      “The Rh system is actually far more complex than the ABO system in that there are 35 different possibilities that one could inherit from each parent. These, however, are roughly grouped into positive and negative types. In this system the positive are dominant over the negative. If your genetic type is ++ or +-, your blood type will be Rh positive. Only if your genetic type is — will you be Rh negative. This means that if both parents have Rh+ blood with the +- genes, they could have children who are ++, +-, or –. In other words, their children could be either Rh positive or Rh negative. Children who are Rh negative can have parents who are either Rh positive or Rh negative.

      Two parents who have O positive blood could easily have a child who is O negative. In fact, most children who are O negative have parents who are positive, since the +- combination is so much more common than the — combination.”

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  63. Shailesh

    I am B- and my wife is B+ and our baby blood group shows AB+. As per above table it is not possible. In rare case is it possible?

    Added:
    Reply
    • In this case, I would recommend both parents and baby have their blood re-tested. If there is still a question, you can get more information from DNA paternity tests.

      I hope that helps,
      @MsGreene
      Co-founder and Executive Producer, DrGreene.com

      Added:
      Reply
  64. Barbara

    Hello, I am B positive, and my husband is o negative. what blood types as far as negatives and positives can our children have?

    Added:
    Reply
  65. mary n

    can i stay pregnant without taking pills for pregnancy if i am B+ and my partner is 0+ ?

    Added:
    Reply
  66. RachaelI

    If I am O- and my husband is B+, is there any chances our child will be A+? Why or why not (please explain)? Thank you

    Added:
    Reply
    • In genetics, blood type gene has two alleles, each allele has genotype A, B or O. Type O is recessive, so if someone has type O blood, both alleles are O.

      Blood type B could have one allele that is B and the other O or both alleles could be B.

      Each child gets one allele from each parent. In this case the possible options are:

      Type O from mom.
      Type B or O from dad.

      There is no A allele to be passed down to the child.

      I hope that’s helpful.

      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  67. Nadia Salim

    Hey Dr. Greene

    My husband is A+ and me A- are there chances of me conceiving

    Added:
    Reply
    • Nadia Salim

      We r blood related me and my husband he is A+ and Mine is A- are there chances of me conceiving

      Added:
      Reply
  68. anjilie

    what if my blood is AB positive and my mom A and my dad is O positive is that my dad ?

    Added:
    Reply
    • For a child to have AB blood her (or his) parents would need to be:
      A, B
      A, AB
      B, AB

      But before you jump to any conclusions, all three of you should be retested. It’s not unusual for one of the three test to be incorrect — error in testing, mix-up in the lab, not recorded properly, not remembered as reported, etc.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  69. mehnaz

    I am O positive and my hubby is A postive…our child is O negative. Is it possibble?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Yes, this is possible. If one parent is O+ and the other is A+ there is a 25% chance each child will have type O blood and a 6.25% chance each child will have Rh- blood.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  70. Bobby

    If my baby blood type is b,what would me and the mother have to be to make this true

    Added:
    Reply
    • There are several combinations that would result in a child having type B blood:

      B, A
      B, B
      B, O
      B, AB
      A, AB
      O, B
      O, AB
      AB, AB

      Hope that helps!
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  71. Bess

    My husband tested 0+ (twice) and I don’t know mine. My son is AB-. No doubt as to parentages. Husband did go into shock after a long surgery when given platelets. What blood type could I be and is all this even possible?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Tim

      why did he have it tested twice?your blood type remains the same all of your life

      Added:
      Reply
  72. naman

    What is the probability of getting a male child if mother and father both have A positive blood group..

    Added:
    Reply
  73. ugo

    If my wife have sex with another man and eventually my blood group and they man is they same . how can we Identify they father. Now that my wife is pregnant . help me pls. Because I am getting confused.

    Added:
    Reply
    • DNA testing can provide valuable information regarding paternity.

      Added:
      Reply
  74. Rebecca

    Dr Greene my daughter is having her first child she told me her dr had determined she has A neg blood type.
    Both my husband and I have o pos
    Her dr must have mixed her test results with another patient, correct.
    Thank you, Rebecca

    Added:
    Reply
    • Two parents with type O blood can only have a child with type O blood. Keep in mind, it is possible that any of the three of you had an error in your blood test, it was reported in error, or someone remembers it incorrectly. The next step is to have everyone re-tested.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  75. Shellby

    If my mother is A- and I am A-. Is there a specific blood type that my father must be?

    Added:
    Reply
    • In this scenario, the other parent could be A-, B-, AB-, or O-. That doesn’t narrow things down much :)

      Best,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  76. Dawn Forsythe

    Can two people produce a child 0- and one A-? If one child is A- and the other is 0- then what blood type would the parents have to be?

    Thank you!

    Added:
    Reply
    • Hi Dawn,

      If one parent is O- and one is A-, each of their children could be A- or O-.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  77. Khushi, India

    Hi Dr, I want to know: if father is A+ and mother is A- , the girl child is A- then the boy can be O-?
    My friend is O- , sister is A- and mother is also A- and the father is A+.
    Please answer Doctor can it be possible that he will have O-?

    Added:
    Reply
    • If one parent is A+ and the other parent is A-, each of their children have a 6.25% chance of being blood type O and 93.75% chance of being blood type A. Each child has a 25% chance of being Rh- and a 75% chance of being RH+. In other words, the scenario above it completely possible.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  78. Laura

    My husband got ahold of his possible half sister and looks just like his twin. Anyways the girls mother denys that my husbands father is her dad. Anyways the girl said she had suspicions cause the rumors she heard and cause her supposed dad that she has is O+ and she’s a AB-, she doesn’t know her mom’s blood type. Can a O+ make Ab-, I just don’t see it. Anyway my husbands dad is A+ I belive.

    Added:
    Reply
  79. Mahi

    hello doctor… my husband is O+ and mine is O-. Can we have children??

    Added:
    Reply
  80. amar thakor

    Father B+
    Mother O+
    And child born O-
    Its possible

    Added:
    Reply
    • Hi Amar,

      If one parent is B+ and the other is O+, there is a 25% chance each child will be type O and a 6.25% chance each child will have Rh- blood.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  81. Tami

    My husband was told years ago that his blood type is A negative. We have two children together. Our daughter had her’s tested today in class (classes for nursing) and she is A positive. Our son has previously donated blood and he is A negative. My husband has another son (not biologically mine) and he is A negative. Based on my husband’s, and our two kids (A- & A+) … what would you expect my blood type to be? Thanks, in advance!

    Added:
    Reply
    • This is a rather complicated one, but let’s break it down:

      • If the father is A- and a child is A+, then the mother could be A+, B+, AB+ or O+.
      • If the father is A- and a child is A-, the the mother could be A-, B-, AB- or O-.

      Keep in mind, it’s not uncommon for blood test results to be in error — either the test is not done properly, the results are recorded or reported in error, or they are remembered incorrectly. For instance, if the father in this scenario is really A+ instead of A-, the mother of both children (one with A- and one with A+ blood types) could be A+, B+, AB+ or O+.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  82. Yog

    Hello,
    I heard that male having blood group ab+ and his wife having blood group as b+ will surely cause problems to the kid after the baby is born.. Means the kid’s immune system will be less strong, chances of having deaf baby,etc
    I know I should not believe such talks but this really worries me..
    Can u please guide me.

    Thanks in advance..

    Added:
    Reply
  83. osama

    If the dad has A+ type and the mother has B+ type…
    Is it possible that there child would has O- type? And y?!
    Thank u 4 answering :)

    Added:
    Reply
  84. Zak

    Can the child blood group be B POSITIVE If father has O POSITIVE and mother has A POSITIVE?

    Added:
    Reply
    • That is not considered a possible combination.

      Before jumping to any conclusions, it’s wise to have all three blood types re-checked. It’s not at all unusual for one of the three to be different than what’s reported. There are several reasons for this — error at the lab, mix up of blood samples, error in reporting, error in recording, etc.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  85. Kim

    If moms blood type is o+ and dads is ab+ can the childrens blood types be o+ and b?

    Added:
    Reply
    • celine

      Hi Kim,
      did you get an answer to your question, my son has the same problem he one daughter B- and the new arrival is O neg, he is AB neg and his partner is O neg, is the O neg baby his?

      Added:
      Reply
  86. Marlene

    I am B+ and I have believed my husband to have O+. My oldest daughter is a B+ and the youngest is O -. My mother in law is O -. Is it a recessive gene?
    My daughter is under the assumption that her father must be a rh negative.

    Added:
    Reply
  87. Margaret

    My husband is O+ and mine is O+. Can we have children?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Based on those blood types, there is no apparent reason not to try to have children. There are no health risks associated with two people who have the O+ blood having children.

      Added:
      Reply
  88. jb

    If the father is a b or ab positive could he have a o negative child?

    Added:
    Reply
  89. jb

    If the baby is o negative n the mother is o positive what is the father blood type likely to be?

    Added:
    Reply
  90. Randy

    If the pregnant women has rh negative blood. Can a non Invasive paternity test still be properly perform.. the day baby’s DNA is in mother blood while pregnant but if baby is positive and mother is rh negative how would that work? Or it it chromosomes in it not cells….thanks …please answer

    Added:
    Reply
  91. Elizabeth

    If my mother’s blood type O- and mine is B+ what blood type would my father have to have.

    Added:
    Reply
    • If one parent’s blood is O- and the child is B+, the other parent would be B+ or AB+ blood type.

      Hope that helps!
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  92. Merlith Fulkerson

    Hello, i have a question and hoping i can get an answers here…. My blood type is A+ my mother is Type B and my father is type O,what does it means? thanks…

    Added:
    Reply
    • Melissa

      That means you need to talk to your Mom… I had the same situation.. I am AB+ and father is O- NOT POSSIBLE!!!

      Added:
      Reply
  93. jen monasque

    hi dr.greene is it possible that my blood type is O+ and my parents has the blood type A+ and AB+?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Hi Jen,

      If one parent is A+ and the other is AB+, each of their children could be A, B, or AB, Rh+ or Rh-. The only blood type their children can not have is O.

      In a situation like yours, it’s wise to have everyone retested before jumping to conclusions. It’s not unusual for one of the parties original blood type to be different than what is reported.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene
      Executive Producer, DrGreene.com

      Added:
      Reply
  94. Lisa

    If my brothers blood group is A- and his partners is A- how can the baby be O+

    Added:
    Reply
    • If both parents are A-, there is a 6.25% chance each of their children could have type O blood, but all there children will be Rh-. If one parent is A+ and one is A-, each child would have a 75% chance of having Rh+ blood. It is possible that one of the blood types was in error, reported in error, or remembered incorrectly. Before jumping to any conclusions, it’s wise to have everyone retested.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  95. rod

    my brother is blood type ab and my blood type is o. is that possible that we both have same parents.

    Added:
    Reply
  96. David Duobah

    Hello, l am ‘A’ Negative and l’ve started having children. Still single, not involved with sex yet, l’m 27 years old. What’s the possibility that l’ll have a child?

    Added:
    Reply
  97. Harmony

    Hello, i’m AB but my mom is AS and my dad is AA. I was wondering- how this is possible? (I’m sure my parents are both my biological parents.)

    Added:
    Reply
  98. MAINGA

    Add your message here
    Hi .Doctor i have blood group o- and my wife two be she has blood group A+ is there any difficulty on giving birth for our future child’s if there is what could we do?

    Added:
    Reply
  99. yusuf khan

    hi dr my blood is B+ and my wife is A+ so what is blood type cheldrans can we get

    Added:
    Reply
    • With that combination, your children could be A, B, AB or O and Rh- or Rh+. Basically, this combination doesn’t eliminate any blood type. The type that is most common for a child with one parent who is B+ and the other who is A+, is AB+. But Any type is possible.

      Here’s an interesting article for you on the topic Blood Types 101: An Introduction to ABO Blood Types and the Rh System.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  100. liz

    Can two parents with a negative make a child with o blood type.

    Added:
    Reply
  101. Ami

    Hi
    I am O negative and my mum is AB negative. Is this possible? Also, what must my after be if I am O negative?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Ami

      Father*

      Added:
      Reply
    • If one parent is AB, her children can be A, B, or AB because that parent can only pass along A or B, so no matter what the other parent is, the child will have either an A or a B gene from the parent who is AB.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  102. charlotte

    i am o negative … what possible blood groups could my mum and dad be? i know my mum has a negative group and my dad has a positive one but just not sure which ones exactly

    Added:
    Reply
  103. ankur soni

    If husband has blood group as A+ and wife has O+ then can there be any complications during child birth.?

    Added:
    Reply
    • I wonder if you are worried about Rh incompatibility. This is an issue when the mother has Rh- blood and the father has Rh+ blood. That does not appear to be your situation.

      I hope this helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  104. SHIJIL

    My Mother is A positive and My Dad is O positive. . . But my blood group is A negative. can this happen???

    Added:
    Reply
    • Yes. If one parent is A+ and the other is O+ each of their children have a 75% chance being blood group A and a 6.35% being Rh-.

      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
      • Loraina

        I have type A+ and my children’s dad had either A or O +. We have 2daughters that are A -. Our son is o+. Where would the .. A negative come from . Thank you.

        Added:
        Reply
  105. Parkavi

    What will happen if i marry my Mom’s younger brother with same blood group?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Two parents can have the same blood group without issue, but there can be genetic issues when two parents are closely related.

      Added:
      Reply
  106. sunny

    Greetings Dr.
    Is it possible for O positive parents to give birth to O negative child. if yes/no how/why.

    Added:
    Reply
  107. Kelly Ann

    Ok so my mom is ab- my brother is a+ we don’t know what blood type my father is but i assume he’s +. I’m o+ my boys are all o+ which isn’t a surprise since their father is o+ too. I know my mother is my biological mother so can I be one of the rare mutations. And if i do have a rare mutation or whatever do i have to worry about any health issues or greater risks for diseases

    Added:
    Reply
  108. KISHONE.TPM

    sir, my blood is A+ my wife blood is b+ and my child blood is b- ,how come this type blood

    Added:
    Reply
  109. Nina

    Hello,
    I have AB+ blood while my mom has O+. My dad’s not sure of his own blood type. I’ve been doing some research and I keep seeing that it’s impossible for a parent with O to have an AB child. Is this a mutation?
    Thanks!

    Added:
    Reply
    • Barb

      I have the same question my dad had O blood type my mother A- and I have AB+ Blood type. Question is it possible for an O to sire a AB+

      Added:
      Reply
      • For a child to have AB+ blood type, they have to get an A from one parent and a B from the other. Type O can only give O, so can’t be the parent of someone with AB blood type.

        Before jumping to any conclusions, all three parties should be retested. It’s not unusual for one of the three to be in error.

        Hope that helps,
        @MsGreene

        Added:
        Reply
  110. Mary

    Hi,
    My mum is B+ and my father is O- but I am a A+ and my twin sister is B+. All of my other siblings are B and O. Is this possible?

    Added:
    Reply
  111. aryan patel

    when father and mother are blood group O positive then child blood is B positive, it is possible or impossible ?

    Added:
    Reply
  112. munna patel

    when father and mother are blood group O positive then child blood is B positive, it is possible or impossible ?

    Added:
    Reply
  113. Jayasri

    my blood group is B positive and I’ ll get married A1 positive blood group person. anything problem in my child

    Added:
    Reply
  114. Tia Patterson

    1. If my mom is AB- and I am B-, is my dad a positive or negative O? I know that he is in the O blood group, but I don’t know if it is positive or negative.

    2. I also have heard that ethnicity factors into the determination of blood type. My mom and dad’s families both are mixed with white, black, and Native American. Since AB- is a rare blood type, does this tell you anything about mom’s heritage?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Hi Tia,

      As I’ve said on this thread many times, I’m not a doctor or a professional scientist. But I find this topic fascinating and am happy to help when I can. I know based on our current understanding of science, if one parent is AB- and a child is B-, the other parent could be A-, B-, AB-, or O-. I don’t have enough background in this topic to address the ethnicity question. Can anyone else on this thread? I think it’s an intriguing question.

      Best,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  115. rameez

    My blood group is O-ve and my lover blood group is A-ve it’s eny problem for our children

    Added:
    Reply
    • Hello Rameez,

      You may have heard that women with Rh- blood can have an issue with their blood being incompatible with their baby’s. Dr. Greene has written about this to another reader: How To Determine and Manage Rh Incompatibility. The problem occurs when the mother is Rh- and the father is Rh+. If untreated the outcome can be very serious so it is worth double checking both your blood types to be sure your partner isn’t Rh+.

      If a woman is Rh- and her partner is Rh+, there are treatments that can be given to prevent (99% effective) issues during pregnancy.

      Best,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  116. munna patel

    when father and mother are blood group O
    positive then child blood is B positive, it is possible ?

    Added:
    Reply
  117. a.razzaq

    Aslam o alikum
    how are you dear?
    please solve mine matter….
    my blood group is b+ve and of my wife is O-ve. yesterday i along with my wife went to l gynecologist. she told we should visit to her clinic for delivery case which is much far from us. in addition she told some complication may occur due to this combination of blood. now i am in little bit suspense. please guide me, can any complications occur in this type of blood combination???????

    and in addition what is about thylosemia cases?
    she

    Added:
    Reply
  118. Cheryl Smith

    I am 39 and my sister is 42. All our lives we have been hearing rumors that our father is not our father. My sister and I both have AB- blood. I read somewhere that BOTH parents must have a negative rh factor to have a child with ab- blood. Is this accurate?

    Added:
    Reply
    • ann

      If the father is AB- and the mother is O+ can the child be B+?

      Added:
      Reply
      • Yes, this is a possible combination. There is a 50% chance that each child of parents who are AB- and O+ will be type A and 50% will be type B. 75% will be Rh+ and 25% will be Rh-.

        Hope that helps,
        @MsGreene

        Added:
        Reply
  119. naresh nayak

    if both parents are blood group O
    positive ,
    and my child is B positive, it’s
    possible ?

    Added:
    Reply
    • This is not considered a possible outcome. DNA testing is much more sensitive than blood type testing. You might consider that if you’re concerned.

      Added:
      Reply
      • naresh nayak

        sir, plz tell me – what i do?

        Added:
        Reply
        • naresh nayak

          How much chance of having a baby is not mine?

          Added:
          Reply
  120. Dave

    My mother’s blood type is AB, while my father’s was A+, yet I have blood type O-. How does this occur? Our blood types were accurate. In fact, my father was a phlebotomist. My high school biology teacher also tested us and found this accurate. He said it can occur, but never explained how.

    Added:
    Reply
  121. mother

    I am O Negative and my daughter is O Postive.. her father doesn’t know his so what could her father’s blood type be?

    Added:
    Reply
    • If one parent is O- and his or her child has O+ blood, the other parent can have A+, B+ or O+ blood.

      Best,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  122. rahul raj

    If both parents have blood group ab+ can they have their child with blood group O+ or O- ?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Type AB+ is fairly rare. Only 3% of people in the US are AB+. AB- is even rarer, with 1% of US people. Individuals with AB+ blood are considered a universal plasma donors.

      Two parents with AB+ blood can have children with A+, A-, B+, B-, AB+ or AB- blood types. O+ and O- are not considered possible blood types for children of two AB+ parents.

      If your parents give blood, they will have their blood types confirmed.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  123. Tina

    I am O- and my daughter is O+ and my son is A+ do they both have the same father? Is it possible?

    Added:
    Reply
    • It is possible. The father would have to have A+ blood type.

      Added:
      Reply
  124. Dawn

    If dad is o+ daughter is o+ what could mom be? Sibling to mom is b+ if that helps

    Added:
    Reply
    • If one parent is O+ and his or her child is O+, the other parent could be A+, B+ or O+.

      Added:
      Reply
  125. naresh nayak

    if both parents are blood group O positive ,
    and my child is B positive, it’s possible ?

    Added:
    Reply
  126. Nichole Warner

    So according to this it’s impossible that my Father is really my Father. Anyone know if there is a way to look up my parents blood types to be sure I am remembering correctly what they told me they were as my Dad is deceased

    Added:
    Reply
    • Nichole,

      It’s very common for people to remember a blood type incorrectly. It’s not rare for it to be recorded incorrectly. Without your father being able to provide a current blood sample, you may never know for sure, but you may be able to get access to his medical records depending on how long he has been deceased. Those records may or may not contain his blood type.

      Best of luck,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  127. Scotti Brown

    I know my mom is A+ and I am O negative, so what does that make my dad? Because charts I have looked up says that he is most likely to be either A, B, or O

    Added:
    Reply
  128. Tracy

    Can a A-mother and an B- father produce an B+ child?

    Added:
    Reply
    • According to the current genetic thinking, this is not a possible combination, because two Rh- parents can not have an Rh+ child.

      It is not uncommon for testing of one of the three parties to be incorrect or reported incorrectly. Additionally, what we “know” about science changes every day.

      DNA paternity testing is considered to be highly reliable.

      Hope that helps.
      @MsGreene
      Executive Producer and Co-Founder DrGreene.com (not a doctor)

      Added:
      Reply
  129. Michele

    My mothers blood type was a negative, fathers o positive. Mine and 2 brothers blood type is o positive. Another brother type is ab negative. Does that mean he has a different father?

    Added:
    Reply
  130. Saonly mukherjee

    Father a+VE mother b-ve is it possible for son to have b+ve.

    Added:
    Reply
  131. Name

    If the dad is A- and the mom is b+ would it make since for the son to be Ab+ it makes since to me but the father seems to think it’s not possible.

    Added:
    Reply
    • There is a 56.25% chance that each child of a parent who has type A blood and a parent who has type B blood will be AB. There is a 75% chance that a child of a parent who is Rh- and a parent who is Rh+ will have Rh+ blood.

      Based on the article above, does that make sense to you?

      Best,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  132. George

    Hello I have a question my mother is o+ and father ab+ my sister is b+ and I’m ab+ is there a possibility that my father isn’t my biological father ?? And if we take a test and he is would I be the first case that the chart would have been proven wrong

    Added:
    Reply
    • Blood types can not prove paternity. They are very general. DNA results are used for specific paternity testing. However in the scenario above (one parent is O+ one is AB+) the charts indicate each of their children have a 50% chance of being A, a 50% chance of being B and 0% chance of being AB. Each child has a 93.75% chance of being Rh+.

      As you indicate, the charts may be wrong.

      There are several reasons, errors in testing, errors in reporting, errors in memory of the people who were told their blood types in the past, our science is incomplete.

      I don’t know if you would be the first person to prove the charts wrong or not, but even if you aren’t, keep in mind, tests are flawed and we learn new things about genetics every day.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  133. Mary Duckworth

    Hello! My daughter have blood type “O” and me is bloody type “O” as well but my husband have a blood type O+ it can be possible that he is not the real father?

    Added:
    Reply
  134. Lorquenzia

    Hi I’m the mother and Im a O+ And my son is a O+ but I don’t know what is the Dad blood type can you help me find out what is the blood type of the father may be.

    Added:
    Reply
  135. tasha

    Can both parents be A+ and child be AB

    Added:
    Reply
  136. Darla

    My son is o- . His girfriend just birthed her 3rd live child, 5 total. She is o+. She did not get rogaine shots. Baby is o+. Is this possible? Urgent.

    Added:
    Reply
    • AK

      Yes there is 50 % chance of the offspring of parents who are positive and negative to be positive.

      Added:
      Reply
  137. Deepa

    My group is b positive my husband group is o negative my child group is a2 positive. Is it possible

    Added:
    Reply
    • Deepa

      My group is b positive my husband blood group is o negative my daughter blood group is a2 positive. Is it possible sir

      Added:
      Reply
    • Deepa

      Sir my blood group is b positive and my husband blood group is o negative. My daughter blood group is a2 positive. Why it happens

      Added:
      Reply
  138. Israel Garcia

    I did not have my parents blood type but my dad’s sister did

    Added:
    Reply
    • deedea

      Hi. I’m a daughter with a+ dad a+ my brother a+ my mom is D. What does this mean?

      Added:
      Reply
    • Donna Sullivan

      I have o positive. My dad an my mom rh factor, can I be some one else’s baby?

      Added:
      Reply
      • You do not provide enough information in your comment to be able to respond. Sorry.

        Added:
        Reply
  139. Md. Sabbir Ahmed

    If father’s blood group is O+ and Mother’s is A+. Will there be any problem with their child?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Patrick

      no there will not be a problem with the child

      Added:
      Reply
      • Joanie

        My dad is AB+ and mum is O neg and I’m O positive is this possible

        Added:
        Reply
  140. Sadhana

    My husband blood group is O+ve and my is b-ve. There is any complications to get pregnancy? What will my child blood group.? Plez help me out…

    Added:
    Reply
    • AK

      It can be B+ve, B negative, O positive or O negative.

      You need to get injection rhogram in case your offspring is Rh +ve or it will complicate your next pregnancy.

      Added:
      Reply
    • ilayaraja

      any problem

      Added:
      Reply
  141. Holly

    Can a male O- male blood type have a child(ren) with an AB+ female?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Hugo

      Based on what I have read the probability is zero. On the other hand my mother is AB+ and swears her father was O-. They are mirror images so no doubt he is the father and I look just like my grandfather too but only God knows..

      Added:
      Reply
  142. harish

    My blood group is A+ and my wife blood group is AB+ . what could be my baby blood group?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Children of an A+ and AB+ parent could be A +/-, B +/- or AB +/-.

      Added:
      Reply
  143. khurram parvez

    HI.. iam 35 yrs old and i do not get child since my marrige (2.5) yrs. i checked that my sperms count is nil……so plz.. advice me what to do.

    thanks.( india)

    Added:
    Reply
    • AK

      Adoption is a good alternative if you cant have kids

      Added:
      Reply
  144. Sharla

    Hello Dr.green I’m in the need of help to get a DNA paternity test while pregnant can you only use the mothers blood ? just the blood and not the fluid? …or do you need to have the fluid that the baby floating in .. to see who the father is? I know I need his DNA ? And is it possible to have the results in 3 to 4 days

    Added:
    Reply
  145. Andy

    Hello Dr.
    My friend she is a female….. her father blood group is A( ve) and her mother A(-ve) & her blood grp is AB
    is it possible?

    Added:
    Reply
  146. IVF Mom

    Hello..

    2 years ago my husband and I began IVF treatment and got pregnant with our now 15 month beautiful baby boys.. My husband is O+ and I am O-.. When we were in the hospital after having the boys, we were told their blood types were A+ for both, it didn’t make lots of sense to me at the time (without ever having read on the subject) but I didn’t dwell on it.. Also, the doctor said to retest the boys when they were older since markers sometimes evolve with age.. That was it.. Now my husband and I will probably get divorced and I want to know if there was a possibility of an error during IVF procedures, since I am afraid one of us may not be biological parents.. I know if it is me he will be more on the offense to take the kids, and if it is him he won’t even try.. I love my babies with all my heart regardless.. Anyway, how can our babies be A+ and still be ours? Or is this a definitive proof that there was gamet error during IVF??

    Added:
    Reply
    • Shirley Cooper

      They may be both of yours! I gave birth to three beautiful children that have A blood types. Their father and I are both type O. A paternity test was done and all three are ours. Sometimes, although it is very rare, mutations take place and babies can have a different blood type than that of their parents.

      Added:
      Reply
  147. Mike

    Hello I am A pos and the girl I have slept with is A pos. We slept together at the beginning of the month and used protection and a week later she had a period but the slept with another man who is O negative towards the end of the month they had unprotected sex. But got pregnant towards the beginning of the next month and the baby came out O positive she says I might be the father is this true?

    Added:
    Reply
    • AK

      A+ and A+ can give O+
      A+ and O- can also give O+
      So chances are it can be either’s.

      Added:
      Reply
  148. Aloh

    Hi my father is AB+ he was hospitalized and he undergo blood transfusion when i tried to replace the used blood form the hospital i was shocked that i have blood type O+ my father is AB+ why is it my blood type is O+.does this mean that my father is not my biological father.

    Added:
    Reply
  149. ciara

    If the mother has o+ and the father has B+ and they have twins, one twin has o+ and the other has A I’m not sure if it’s A+ or – would he be the father

    Added:
    Reply
    • If one parent is O+ and the other is B+, each of their children will have an 18.75% chance of being blood group A or B, a 56.25% chance of being blood group AB, and a 6.25% chance of being blood group O. Each child will have a 93.75% chance of being Rh+ and a 6.25% chance of being Rh-.

      What does this mean for you? First, in the example above, the twins can not be identical because they have different blood types. Second, you can not rule out a possible father of these two fraternal twins because he has B+ blood. A DNA test is typically used to determine paternity.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  150. Rita Amoo Gottfried

    please I won’t to know if both parents
    are o positive, how healthy is their children

    Added:
    Reply
    • If both parent have type O+ blood, their blood type won’t have a negative impact on the health of their baby. There are many other factors that can make a difference in the baby’s health, so it is impossible to determine the health outcome of their children, but blood type incompatibility should not be an issue.

      Best,
      @MsGreene
      Mother & Co-founder of DrGreene.com

      Added:
      Reply
  151. Michael

    Hello DR,
    My blood type is ab+ and my wife is O+ we recently had a son who is ab- but I keep hearing this is impossible?

    Added:
    Reply
    • If one parent’s blood type is AB+ and his or her child is AB-, the other parent would need to be A+, B+ or AB+.

      In your case, it sounds like the three of you need to be re-tested.

      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
    • Lyrika

      My information/situation is identical to that described by Michael. I am annoyed, offended and suspicious of the “doctor’s” response, as it is dismissive and megalomaniacal, suggesting that ANY human knows without question what is and is not possible in the realm of human genetics. In this day and age, when any informed person must realize that anything is possible and that almost nothing is in actuality explained or understood by medicine or science, it’s essentially an exercise in futility to hope for real answers from adjutants of our current, highly suspect system of dis/misinformation. The AB- blood type is allegedly the rarest on Earth, and children with this blood type ARE being born to parents without rh- blood. That is fact. I tend to think the claims of so called “medical professionals” indicate either they are not willing to admit they don’t have all the answers, or they are lying for reasons we can only, at this stage, speculate about. I would urge Michael, and anyone else in this situation to exercise caution and patience…science and medicine have a long history of hubris and inhumanity, and are part of a system designed to profit from our pain and illness. The answers we seek will likely not come from this sector. If you love your child, then love your child. Make his/her care and protection your priority.

      Added:
      Reply
      • Hi Lyrika,

        First, thank you for your very apt response. We know so little and are finding out more all the time.

        I do need to correct you on one point — I am NOT a doctor. I do respond often on this post and I try to make it clear that I am a mom, an interested citizen, a casual scientist, but NOT an authority.

        I hope you and Michael will accept my apology if I did not make that clear.

        In re-reading my response, perhaps I should have qualified it with “as far as we know at this time”. So much of what we know is evolving.

        Best,
        Cheryl Greene
        Mom, co-founder DrGreene.com, NOT a doctor

        Added:
        Reply
      • Lyrika

        Hello, Cheryl, and thank you for your reply and clarification. That you describe yourself as a ‘casual scientist’ actually gives me some hope that your mind (and heart, more significantly) is open to possibilities, and that you are not subject to the controls and threats under which mainstream doctors and scientists too often must operate. After my post, I visited a site dedicated to current genetic research and was happily surprised by the statement that nothing in genetic research is black and white, and researchers are daily discovering exceptions to “rules”. I spent hours there and will return to do more reading, it is a vast and fascinating subject, and truly demands an open mind and willingness to question all we think we know. Ultimately, I feel, when it comes to parenting, the only essential choice is love. I think to hang our willingness to do so upon a theory touted as fact is a huge error in judgment, and can have far reaching and tragic results for both parents and children. Please, people, invest in your own learning process, do not consider the opinion of anyone, no matter how learned they might claim or appear to be, as the final word on any subject…everyone walks their own path and has their own agenda. We are responsible for our own path, and it’s been my experience that it is not only difficult but dangerous to walk in the dark, or with our eyes closed.

        Added:
        Reply
        • Lyrika

          Sorry for this blurb, it should have been part of my previous post. For those who want to investigate blood types and/or genetic research in general, I think it’s a pretty godd place to start: http://genetics.thetech.org/genetic-categories/blood-types
          Also I would like to say to Cheryl, no apology is necessary, not to me. You are trying to help people, and so very many simply do not bother. I apologise to you, for my assumptions. Be well, love light and truth to you and yours.

          Added:
          Reply
  152. Victoria Andreenkova, Dublin.

    I wish to know what my sons father blood group type is, (1) Mother = B rh negative, (2) Child = AB positive.

    What would be then the fathers blood group type?

    Added:
    Reply
    • In this scenario, the second parent could be A+ or AB+.

      Hope that helps.

      Added:
      Reply
      • Victoria Andreenkova, Dublin.

        Thank you doc, yes it could be only A+ or AB+ I reckon its A+ as AB+ is relatively a rare type, I think only 4 percent of the world population has that type. I am in a paternity dispute whereby the father is denying that he is the father of my son, can I request his blood type so it will be obvious to the judge that he is the father, I am afraid that he might fraud with the DNA process by letting someone else go for the paternity testing. In the event that the DNA results come back negative I then can tell the judge that my son shares same type blood group so that the judge can force the father to reveal his blood group would you think that this can reveal that he is the dad as AB+ would be a very rare blood type, I am not too sure if A+ is?

        Added:
        Reply
  153. Egbodofo mary

    Im AA and my husband is AS, we have a son with AC hw is that possible?

    Added:
    Reply
  154. Appiah Ebenezer

    Please I want to know if the the father of a child is O nagative and the mother is O positive how healthy will thier children be?

    Added:
    Reply
    • There are many factors that determine the health of a baby, but I’m guessing you’ve heard something about blood type incompatibility.

      Typically this is not an issue with a first pregnancy, but it can be a problem with subsequent pregnancies. It is wise to discuss this with your doctor as there are treatments available. It’s great to bring this up as soon as you can, even before you become pregnant.

      Hope that helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  155. kenji prollo

    My mother’s blood type is o, and my father is AB. what is my possible blood type doc? and for my brother. thank you

    Added:
    Reply
    • The children of an O parent and an AB parent will be either A or B.

      Hope that answers your question.

      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  156. Jonz

    Hello…I am A+ and I have one son who is O+ and another son who is A- by the same person. What is the father’s “possible” blood type?

    Father’s mother is AB+
    My mom is A+

    Added:
    Reply
    • Interestingly those blood types don’t narrow the possibilities down much.

      If one parent is A+ and has two children, who have the same parents, and the children are O+ and A-, the other parent could be A+, B+ or O+.

      Added:
      Reply
  157. anupam

    I am O+ , my wife A negative , my first baby A+ , i dont no inj Anti D given or not at time of first delivary , we want a 2nd baby , what treatment is requir ?

    Added:
    Reply
  158. Isaac

    Good morning Dr. Please, i wanted to know if my gene is B+ and my girlfriend is also B+ can we get marriage and what will be the r results of when she become pregnant till the baby come out. I am really worried and i really we really love ourselves, so advise us of what will do to protect the baby when she come pregnant too.

    Thanks Dr.

    Added:
    Reply
  159. karun

    Father with AB -ve and mother with O+ve . What are the precautions to be taken while pregnancy?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Discuss this with your Ob. Typically there is no issue with first pregnancy, but your Ob will discuss your options with you. It’s smart to bring this up before getting pregnant or as early as you can.

      Added:
      Reply
  160. anna

    hello…
    a mother is O positive.. husband is A positive
    our baby born is A negative… how is it possible
    help…

    Added:
    Reply
    • The children of an O+ parent and and A+ parent have a 6.25% of having Rh- blood. For a full explanation see Dr. Greene’s Q&A Blood Types 101.

      Added:
      Reply
  161. Shakia

    My boyfriend is B+ and I’m AB- would this be a cause for concern or are we okay? He’s very concerned with genotype but I just want to know if our RH factors would clash and cause issues?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Typically there is no issue with a first pregnancy, but you should discuss this with your ObGyn. It’s great to bring this up as soon as you can, even before you become pregnant.

      Added:
      Reply
  162. rafiu

    i am o+ my girlfriend is o and he gave birth to a child claiming that i am the biological father and the child blood group is B- how is it possible that i am the father can u please enlighten me more please.

    Added:
    Reply
    • I’m sorry, I want to make sure I am following your question. Are you saying:
      – You are male and have O+ blood.
      – Your girlfriend has O blood type, but you don’t know + or -.
      – She is claiming you are the father of her baby.
      – The baby is B-.

      Added:
      Reply
  163. cherry

    If I am B- and my husband is b+ are there chances of complication in pregnancy also is it difficult to conceive if my husband is 35 +

    thanks

    Added:
    Reply
    • This is an important topic to bring up with your ObGyn. She will work with you to make sure you have the treatment you need before there is an issue. It is wise to discuss this with her before you conceive. It’s not necessary, but wise.

      The age of both parents can influence infertility. In general it’s easier for younger people to conceive, but there are many examples of older (much older than 35) people conceiving without problem.

      Hope this helps,
      @MsGreene

      Added:
      Reply
  164. marriage4me

    Female blood group is O+ which blood groups (male) matching for marriage? kindly explain

    Added:
    Reply
  165. Tayden Dalley

    Hi, Sir. My wife and I at both O- and she is rh- we were wondering if we would come across any issues being that were both o-.

    Added:
    Reply
  166. sana

    Me having o positive and my husbund O negative now im pregnant 9 weeks any problem yo child…

    Added:
    Reply
    • Laxman

      Hi Doc,
      My wife is o+ve and i am o -ve . is there any risk in child?

      Added:
      Reply
  167. Esther owusua

    Dr can A+ n AB- give birth?

    Added:
    Reply
  168. Noon

    Hi Dr;
    If my both father and mother having O+ can I have an O- ?

    Added:
    Reply
  169. ANY

    IF MY WIFE IS O+ AND I AM A+WHAT WILL OUR CHILDREN BE IRRESPECTIVE OF NUMBER

    Added:
    Reply
    • The children of parents who are O+ and A+ can be either A or O and either + or -. The highest likelihood is A+, but all the other combinations are possible.

      Added:
      Reply
  170. shanie hill

    I just want to know if my husband is A+ and I am B- what will the childrens blood group be.

    Added:
    Reply
    • If one parent is A+ and the other is B-, their children can be A-, B- or AB-.

      Added:
      Reply
      • Balaji

        If Father is A negative and Mother is AB Positive what will be the Child’s blood group combinations with RH factor

        Added:
        Reply
        • If one parent is A- and the other is AB+ their children could be A, B, or AB and + or -.

          Added:
          Reply
  171. M.M.S

    Dear sir!

    My brother’s blood group is B+ and his wife also has the same blood group B+ve. They have three children. All the children have the same blood group B+ve. The 1st one child is normal while the other two children are abnormal. What would be cause of abnormality? Is it due to blood group incompatibility or would be any other cause?

    Added:
    Reply
    • If both parents have the same blood group as the children, there shouldn’t be a blood group incompatibility.

      Added:
      Reply
  172. Ronnie

    Myself , my full sibling brother and my mum are all o+ we do not know our fathers blood group (DECEASED).Is it possible we have a half sibling sister who is AB-? We do not know her mothers blood group

    Added:
    Reply
    • In the scenario you mentioned, it is possible. Here’s one way it could work (NOTE: there are a lot of assumptions in this scenario – it’s just an example) —

      One parent is O+ and one parent is A- or B-. Each of their children would have a 25% chance of being O+.
      One parent is AB- and one parent is A- or B-. Each of their children would have a 37.5% chance of being AB and a 100% chance of being -.

      This does not mean you have a half sibling. But your known blood groups do not rule it out.

      Added:
      Reply
  173. Ronnie

    Hi myself my full sibling brother and my mum are all o+ . I have a possible half sibling by my father who is AB- (. we do not know our fathers blood group ) . Would it be possible that we are half siblings?

    Added:
    Reply
  174. M.M.S

    Hy sir!
    If a blood type O+ve man married to O+ve woman. Is There any issue of diseases of abnormalities in childs.

    Added:
    Reply
    • This blood type combination does not cause any health issues in the child.

      Added:
      Reply
  175. Emily

    I am O+ and my husband is B-. Would that cause for any issues for our future children?

    Added:
    Reply
  176. April

    I an O+ and my husband is O+, our child is O+, is there any other combination that would make an O+ baby?

    Added:
    Reply
    • If one parent is O+ and the child is O+ the other parent could be A+, B+ or O+. Does that answer your question?

      Added:
      Reply
      • Ridhi Bhatnagar

        Dr. my blood group is O+ and my husband blood group is also O+ but my son blood group is B+ is this possible ?

        Added:
        Reply
        • This is not a “possible combination”. But as Dr. Greene points out, there are rare genetic mutations.

          It would be smart to have all your blood types retested. If they all come back the same, a paternity test could give you further information.

          Added:
          Reply
          • Maritza

            Dr I have the sane situation mom and dad have 0+ and our son ia B+ … And Im 100% sure that my husband is the father of my son… Do I need to worry?

            Added:
          • It would be wise to have all three blood types re-tested. It’s not unusual for one of them to be reported in error.

            Added:
        • Mamerto

          Hi Doctor. What blood types of parents that produce an O blood type

          Added:
          Reply
          • The parents of an O child could be A, B, or O, but not AB. Examples:
            A & A
            B & B
            A & B
            A & O
            B & O
            O & O

            Added:
  177. Mike

    I’m the father of 3 children & not one of them have my blood type, as a matter of fact my son and both daughters match my wife’s blood type. Is that possible? Mike

    Added:
    Reply
    • Yes, that’s possible. The odds for blood types are for each child and are averaged over large sample sizes. Here’s an example – if a mother was A+ and a father was O+ each of their children would have a 75% chance of being type O and a 93.75% chance of being +. That doesn’t mean that if the couple had four children one would be type O. The odds are reset with each child. Does that make sense?

      Added:
      Reply
  178. Anna Wepener

    My blood group is O+ and my husband is A+, can we have a child that is O-?

    Added:
    Reply
    • O- is one possible outcome if one parent is O+ and one is A+.

      Added:
      Reply
  179. Kathleen

    I was told that my newborn is A+, my husband is b- and I am o+. Should I get her retested?

    Added:
    Reply
    • It would be wise to have all three of you retested. As the mother, you know if there is only one possible father and who is he. If the tests don’t line up, either the tests are wrong or you have a very rare genetic anomaly that would be great to discover early.

      Added:
      Reply
  180. X

    is there any possibility that a B negative child can be fathered by O positive person if the mother is A positive ??

    Added:
    Reply
    • You are correct that this is not a combination that is considered possible. As Dr. Greene points out above “These are general rules, though, and exceptions apply. Very rarely, gene mutations may change the rules such that “impossible children” become possible. Today there are over 600 blood types known (as well as other tissue types called HLA types), which can make paternity testing far more accurate — but still not perfect.”

      Another possible explanation — one or more of the blood types could have been recorded in error, the test could have been false, or someone’s memory of his or her blood type could be wrong.

      I hope that’s helpful.
      Cheryl

      Added:
      Reply
  181. Jessica

    What are the chances of a O+ male and a A- female having a child that is A-? I thought the + was dominant.

    Added:
    Reply
    • Beth

      Positive is dominant however the male may carry both a positive and a negative gene. The positive trait would show as it is dominant but the negative gene could be passed onto the child resulting in a negative blood type

      Added:
      Reply
    • Beth

      Ok so I just did the math it is impossible to know the exact chances as the mother could have either A-,A- or A-,O- both of which would show as A-

      If the mother was A-,A- the child would have 25% chance of being A-,O+ (shown as A+) 25% chance of being A-,O- (shown as A-) 25% chance of being A-,A+ (shown as A+) and 25% chance of being A-,O- (shown as A-) so
      to simplify that a blood test of a child of this combination would have 50% chance of being A+ and 50% chance of being A-

      If the mother was A-,O- then he child would have 25% chance of being A-,O+ (shown as A+) 25% chance of being A-,O- (shown as A-) 25% chance of being O-,O+ (shown as O+) 25% chance of being O-,O- (shown as O-) so
      To simplify this a blood test of a child of this combination would have 25% chance of being any of A+ A- O+ O-

      Added:
      Reply
  182. Preeti

    My blood group A- ,my husband blood group B+ , my first son blood group AB+ . sir I am pregnant , what is any problems in second pregnancy . pls sir you are brief me. Thank

    Added:
    Reply
  183. Jessica

    Hi I am A- and my husband and 2 of my children are O+. My third child is A- is this possible? I thought the + was dominant.

    Added:
    Reply
  184. Marsha

    Can a mother with AB+ blood and a father with O- blood have a child with O+ blood?

    Added:
    Reply
  185. Dell

    Just got a call from my daughter who donated blood today. She called to ask if I knew her blood type. I said O+. Her father and I both are O+. She said she tested A- My mother has A- and needed medications when pregnant with me because I was RH +. Perplexed. How can this be?

    Added:
    Reply
    • It’s not unusual for one of the three test to be in error or remembered incorrectly. I would say re-testing the three of you would be the next step.

      Added:
      Reply
  186. keriann

    im o- and my husband is a- and my son is 0+ … can that be possible?

    Added:
    Reply
    • You may want to have all three blood types re-tested as this is not considered a possible outcome.

      Added:
      Reply
  187. Angie

    My husband and I are both O-, does this mean our kids will be O- too?

    Added:
    Reply
  188. Anthony Hammond

    Hello doctor, I am a man in blood group of A+. Can I get married to a woman in blood group of A+?

    Added:
    Reply
    • What is your concern? Have you heard or read that this might be a problem? If so, what specifically?

      Added:
      Reply
  189. Rachel

    Is there any need to have Ant D injection while I have group O- and my husband has A-?

    Added:
    Reply
  190. Rachel smith

    Hello Doc. My blood type is a 0+ In my husband blood type is a B+ in our son ended up with 0+ does that my gene is stronger than his?u

    Added:
    Reply
  191. Rachel smith

    Hello Doc. My blood type is a 0+ In my husband blood type is a B+ in our son ended up with 0+ does that my gene is stronger than his?

    Added:
    Reply
  192. Rachel

    My group is O- while my husband has A-. Is it possible to have children with RH+?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Only if it’s a very rare genetic mutation.

      Added:
      Reply
  193. Rachel

    Hi, my father has blood group AB but I don’t know whether it was -/+ and my mother has O+ but why my group is O-?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Is it possible to recheck the blood types of all three parties?

      As Dr. Greene points out above, this is not a typical outcome, but “These are general rules, though, and exceptions apply. Very rarely, gene mutations may change the rules such that “impossible children” become possible. The geneticists at Stanford wrote a great explanation to this on the website for The Tech Museum of Innovation.

      Today there are over 600 blood types known (as well as other tissue types called HLA types), which can make paternity testing far more accurate — but still not perfect.”

      Added:
      Reply
  194. Angela Jamerson

    Hi, my blood type is O+ and my boyfriend is O-. Our child is also O-. What is the chance the baby is his?

    Added:
    Reply
    • There is a 25% chance that a child of an O+ mother and and an O- father will have an O- child.

      If you’re concerned about the paternity of your child, DNA testing is the best course of action.

      Added:
      Reply
  195. Rishabh Bhardwaj

    Hi, it’s Rishabh.

    My blood group is AB+ and my wife blood group is B-. Because of opposite Rh factor we suffered from two abortion. Now what kind of precautions we have to take because we never want to suffered from above?

    Added:
    Reply
  196. Sara

    hi i am b+ and my husband is ab- my first baby blood type is b+ i had a misscarriage in my second pregnancy .. Is there any problem in our blood types.. Most importantly i want to note that i didnt take any injection after my first prevnancy .. And am planning to have a second baby now ..is there anything i need to do?

    Added:
    Reply
  197. Marie

    How do I find out my sons father ? Do I have to get both bloods from two dads then compare the blood types to is?

    Added:
    Reply
    • The only reliable way to determine paternity is with a DNA test. If you are considering two possible fathers, you can test one and if he is positive, you do not need to test the other. If he is negative, the other potential father might want a DNA test to absolutely rule out a third candidate.

      Blood type tests are not definitive in determining paternity.

      Added:
      Reply
  198. Caroline hunter

    Hi my husband is trying to go through a DNa test with whom he has been told is his father. But the man is making things difficult.
    We know he is rhesus negative blood type.
    My husband has just found out he is also rhesus negative.
    Is this anything to go by??? Please help.

    Added:
    Reply
    • Blood groups can offer general information, but not specific information. Blood groups can say in general it is possible for this person to be a parent if certain information lines up. It can not say this person is the parent. Only DNA testing can provide that level of information.

      Added:
      Reply
  199. Pauline

    I am a female & have two older male siblings.
    Both parents deceased.
    I am blood group : A POSS
    Eldest brother : A RHESUS D POSS
    Middle brother : O POSS
    Are we all full siblings?

    Added:
    Reply
    • In this scenario, if one parent is A+ and one parent is O+, they could have children who are either A+ or O+. In other words, it is a possible combination.

      Added:
      Reply
  200. summer

    My blood group is B positive and my wife blood group is O positive; Is it possible for us to give birth. On what percentage of change do we stand giving birth and our children’s blood group

    Added:
    Reply
    • If one parent has B+ type blood and the other has O+ blood their children could have B or O, + or – blood types. The blood type can not be used to determine percentage chance of giving birth.

      Added:
      Reply
  201. Nana Addo

    I highly impressed education on blood type

    Added:
    Reply
  202. khushboo

    hello dr.
    my blood group is O positive and my husband having O negative blood group……can i conceive baby or not????

    Added:
    Reply
    • Your blood group will not impact your ability to conceive. There are, however, many other factors that come into play when determining you ability to conceive.

      Added:
      Reply
  203. gautam

    If a female has a blood group of “o+” and her husband of “a+”
    what is possibility of blood group of “b+” of twins born as boy and girI. Please answer give me very fast.

    Added:
    Reply
    • If one parent is O+ and another is A+, their children will have either A or O type blood. There is a 6.25% chance each child could be Rh-. Before jumping to any conclusions, it’s very wise to have everyone’s blood type re-tested.

      Added:
      Reply
      • gautam

        I am submitting a society problem which has now become anti social habits of disputes ultimately felt into legal case before court which is as below. A male married on 30 January 2001 and suffered with diabetes in 2005 year.as per family background, his father, grand father, cousin brother also suffered with diabetes and special kind of perkinsons disease also such man using medicine of ayurvedic , allopathic of diabetes with insulin injections as 2 when needed. His blood group “a+”.his wife moving blood group of ” o + “. During pregnancy, she used ayurvedic medicines for ensuring birth of boy as desired by her husband. After seven and half months of pregnancy, twins (one girl and a boy) born having blood group of ” b+”.suddenly, husband created problem with allegations of paternity of twins on the ground of “b+”blood group with support of genetic books.one of book of genetic of your also by which husband claimed and challenged the paternity of twins to other.he also filed a legal case before court of law.
        I request to kindly guide about the blood group of ” b + ” of twins and reason of it.is any effect due to suffering of diabetes insuline injection used by male and ayurvedic medicines taken during pregnancy by female also on blood group of twins as “b+”.I also request of your support due to genetic researcher and expert of your goodselve in this matter that which arguments from the side of female about blood group of twins as ” b + ” may be made before the court to save life of twins and also to get rid of bad allegations of paternity in the matter before court of law so that legal case mill be decided in favour of female on the ground of paternity in good spirits and faith of both may be made again by saying relations of husband and wife with their twins. Male always uses energy tablets since marriage. It is also submitted following of your message received- “if one parents is “o+” and another is “a+, there children will have either ‘a’or ‘o’ type blood. There is a 6.25% chance each child could be Rh-
        request to simplify public language the meaning of a 6.25% chance each child could be Rh- so that it any supportive meaning received in favour of female which may be submitted before court of law.

        Added:
        Reply
        • In this case, DNA should be used to determine if this man is the father or not. The tests are fairly easily accessible and reasonably priced in the US, Canada, and Europe. I don’t know about the rest of the world. Blood type alone can’t determine paternity for legal purposes.

          Added:
          Reply
          • gautam

            Resp. Sir
            thank you very much for your reply dated 24th August 2015 .sir we do not agree to DNA test at this stage due to children are having age of 8 years and their elder sister is 14 years old who knows the merits and demerits or prons and cons of DNA. Hon’ble high court of Rajasthan ,Jaipur has given an verdict that children will have bear the results of DNA so DNA not allowed such test .I have asked about blood group of ” a + ” of male ,”o+”of female and twins are “b+”.kindly give me any helpful reply which may be quoted before court of law so answer must be supported legally and can be argued before court of law up to its satisfaction resultant.

            Added:
          • I am sorry for your situation, however, with regards to blood types and paternity, I will quote from Dr. Greene’s article above:

            “These are general rules, though, and exceptions apply. Very rarely, gene mutations may change the rules such that “impossible children” become possible. The geneticists at Stanford wrote a great explanation to this on the website for The Tech Museum of Innovation.

            Today there are over 600 blood types known (as well as other tissue types called HLA types), which can make paternity testing far more accurate — but still not perfect.”

            Added:
  204. Newton

    what are the chances of having healthier babies when blood groups are B+ and B?

    Added:
    Reply
  205. Elvis

    Dr, I’m sort of convinced my fiancé is RH O- while I’m B+. What are the chances of us having healthy babies?

    Added:
    Reply
  206. Christina

    If I am o- and my sons father is o- is it possible he’s not my sons father if he is also o-??? I have researched everywhere and I have not found and an answer! Please help!!!

    Added:
    Reply
    • Jane

      If both parents are O the child has to be O.

      Added:
      Reply
  207. Sakib

    Doctor…..my wife’s and my blood group is o positive….and we are bloood related person.is there any problem to have a baby??

    Added:
    Reply
  208. sushil

    My bloodgroup is B positive, my wife bloodgroup is B positive. What is my child”s blood possibilities? Please, urgent.

    Added:
    Reply
    • Two B+ parents can have children who are blood group B or O and be either + or -.

      Added:
      Reply
  209. SP Asapu

    Hi, My blood group is A(+ve) and My Wife blood group is O(-ve). What will be the possible and impossible blood groups for our Children.

    Added:
    Reply
    • There is a 75% chance that your child will have type A blood and 25% chance of type O. There is a 75% chance your child will be RH+ and 25% chance of RH-. Each child has the same odds.

      Added:
      Reply
  210. Lisa trenda

    Hi I have B negative blood. One of my children have B negative and my other child has o positive. They have the same father what would be his blood type.

    Added:
    Reply
  211. Ebenezer Ampaabeng

    Doctor, can a Mum with genotype AA and a Dad with genotype AS give birth to a child with genotype AC? Why?

    Added:
    Reply
  212. Via

    Hello. My blood type is A+ and my husband is B+, what are our chances of conceiving? Are we compatible?

    Added:
    Reply
  213. Mamta.n Shetty

    My blood grup o+ and my husband blood grup also o+
    so now i am 7munths pragnant so my baby had any problem

    Added:
    Reply
  214. Glenda Sainz

    My blood type is 0-. My mother was 0-. what are the possiblilties of my fathers blood type?

    Added:
    Reply
  215. rupesh kumar

    my blood group is o negative
    so what is blood group of my
    father and mother…

    Added:
    Reply
    • YC

      Your father can either be A or B or O but never AB

      Added:
      Reply
  216. Debbie Jaime

    Hello Dr. I need your help my Mother was blood type A+ father was an O+, two of my brothers are A+ and 2 sisters are A+ like mom. I am O+ but 1 brother is AB+ does this mean he is not my father’s son?

    Added:
    Reply
    • YC

      Yes looks like it

      Added:
      Reply
  217. tps

    Can a a positive female and b negative male get married. Will there be any problems during pregnancy

    Added:
    Reply
    • tps

      Can a female with A+ blood group and male with B- get married. Will threr be any problem during pregency

      Added:
      Reply
  218. jenny

    if mother is b- and father a- can child be o-

    Added:
    Reply
  219. lu

    my mother is ab + and my father o + and I am o+ it is possible

    Added:
    Reply
    • YC

      Not possible

      Added:
      Reply
  220. Jessica Lee

    Hello, DrGreene. According to my mother blood type is AB(whether is positive or negative, I don’t know),My father blood type I also don’t know. (I think is o positive!). They don’t want to go for blood test.Mine and my brother is A positive.I am the eldest.I was borned in 1972 year. My btother is 2 years younger than me,he is ok. But i just want to know what is happened to me if my parents blood type is like this??

    I am so confuse about myself and very appreciate if you can answer my question. I am from Malaysia.

    Thank you so much.

    Added:
    Reply
  221. Katie

    I am Rhesis A – my baby has been born o- can the father be b+? Need help

    Added:
    Reply
  222. Gimo

    My wife has o negative our son turned out to be o negative,am o positive,,is it genuine?

    Added:
    Reply
  223. Maggie

    Hi,

    My mother is 0-. Is it possible for her parents to be A+ and B+?

    Added:
    Reply
  224. Aniket

    My blood group is O RH positive & my Fiancee has A negative…what is the possibilities of having baby…with this blood group..can we have only one baby…or more?

    Added:
    Reply
  225. Lucy

    Can a mum who is a, dad is o make b type?

    Added:
    Reply
    • From what we know of genetics at this time, the answer is no. However, tests are not always accurate. It’s not unheard of for one of the three tests to be incorrect.

      Added:
      Reply
  226. Aref

    if both parents are blood group O plus , and my child is A plus, it’s possible ?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Yes, it is possible for two O+ parents to have a child who is A+.

      Added:
      Reply
      • YC

        NO.

        Added:
        Reply
      • Beth

        Ummmm… No it’s not.

        Added:
        Reply
        • Oh, my. I must have mis-read the original question. I am chagrined. And Beth, you are correct.

          Added:
          Reply
  227. Jo

    Mother is A+ father is B- and I am O+. What are the chances that my father is truly my father? I know my mother had other partners in the same time frame, I can’t get DNA, as my father is deceased. Thank you.

    Added:
    Reply
    • Odds are an interesting thing in blood types. I can tell you that the odds of a mother with A+ and a father with B- having a child with type O blood are 6.25% and the odds the child will be Rh+ are 75%. But for every child the biggest question is “can this parental combination produce “X” blood type child?” In this situation the answer is, yes.

      Added:
      Reply
      • Carly

        My blood type is A +, my baby’s father is B+. Our son is 0+. Since I have never slept with anyone else since I married his dad, I can tell you it is possible.

        Added:
        Reply
  228. Janelle

    I’m O- for sure. My husband does not know his type. We have three children together. One is A+ and two are B+. Is it safe to say my husband is most likely AB+? I know he’s the father, no question of paternity, just scientific curiosity. Thanks.

    Added:
    Reply
    • You are correct, he would be AB+ because that is the only blood type that could be the father of children with either A+ or B+ if the mother is O-.

      Added:
      Reply
  229. meena

    hi, my blood group is B – and my husband is AB+ what precaution we have to take before pregnancy????

    Added:
    Reply
  230. Shay

    Hello I’m O+ and my baby is B+ and her father is B+ is that a good way to be certain that he’s her Father?

    Added:
    Reply
  231. vicky shaw

    sir,
    I am ab- negative and my wife is o+ positive blood group ,so our born baby have any problem?

    Added:
    Reply
  232. Lynnrose

    My type O+ and my husband AB+ and I have sex only with my husband and my son is O+ and my daughter O+ so are you saying its impossible…

    Added:
    Reply
    • Perhaps you and your husband should have your blood type tested again. It’s amazing how many people think they know their blood type and find out it’s different than what the believed it to be.

      Added:
      Reply
  233. theresa

    hi, am A+ and slept with two men… one is O+ and the other is A+.
    My child came out to be O+, would like to know who have the highest possibility as her father and how many percent accuracy would that be?
    I understand our parents (child’s grandparents) blood type would also affect my child’s blood type – if so how could I determine without going for paternity test?

    Added:
    Reply
    • If the mother is A+, here are the possible outcomes:

      – If the father is O+, the baby has a 75% chance of being type A and a 25% chance of being type O and a 93.75% chance of being Rh+ and 6.25% chance of being Rh-

      – If the father is A+, the baby has a 93.75% chance of being type A and a 6.25% chance of being type O and a 93.75% chance of being Rh+ and 6.25% chance of being Rh-

      In other words, it is not possible to know the father of the baby without a paternity test.

      Added:
      Reply
  234. michelle

    Halo. If I, the mother has a bloodtipe o- and slept with 2 diffrent men the ones bloodtipe is o+ and the other is a+, which blood tipe would it possibly be, so that I would know which of the 2 is the father of my baby? So confused at this stage.

    Added:
    Reply
    • We know you are O- (and I assume you are really sure of this):

        — If Dad is O+ the baby will be type O and can only be type O. 75% chance of being + and 25% chance of being -.

        — If Dad is A+ the baby has a 75% chance of being type A and a 25% chance of being type O and a 75% chance of being + and 25% chance of being -.

      What this means:

        — If the baby is type O, it could be either father.
        — If the baby is type A, the type A man is the father.
        — The Rh (+ / -) does not help rule out either man.

      If the baby has type O blood, DNA paternity testing can help you determine which man is the father.

      Added:
      Reply
  235. Victoria

    My son is blood type o positive and my boyfriend is o negative. What are the chances that he is my son’s father?

    Added:
    Reply
    • It is possible if your blood type is A+, B+, or O+

      Added:
      Reply
  236. Samantha

    My mom is A positive and my dad is O positive. My sister is O positive too, however I am AB positive. Looking at multiple blood type chart it consistently indicates that an AB positive child is impossible. Is that true or is it possible under certain circumstances?

    Added:
    Reply
  237. Anonymous

    Dear Doctor, my father’s blood type is AB and mine is O, is it possible that he is my father? I wonder if you can send me an e-mail to this answer?

    Regards!

    Added:
    Reply
  238. Cindy

    The father is AB+ and the mother is O+ and they have a son who is O+. These parents are both white. The mother had no other sex partners. Are you saying it is impossible for them to have an 0+ child?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Arenae

      I am O+. My dad is type AB and my mom is O. Research “Bombay” blood type or hh blood type. It will give you more explanation as to why this is.

      Added:
      Reply
  239. Archie

    My mom is B+ ve and dad is AB. I’m O positive.. Is it possible?

    Added:
    Reply
    • I’m assuming you’ve looked at the chart on this page? If so, your real question may be, “what do I do now?” There are several options. I recommend that you talk to your mom first and tell her your fears. If she is firm that your mom and your dad are your biological mother and father, then it’s pretty easy to get everyone retested to make sure the blood types are what you think they are.

      Added:
      Reply
  240. David Nandwa

    My blood group is o positive and my wife is b negative. What precautions can we undertake to our unborn baby. She is 6 months pregnancy.

    Added:
    Reply
    • Velvet

      My ex has your blood type, I have your wife’s.. Hopefully your dr. Has already given her a rogam shot so the babies blood is not fighting her blood.. I hope her pregnancy is going well..congratulations

      Added:
      Reply
  241. Emmanuel Yeboah Dunga

    if both parents are blood group O, then, under normal circumstances, all the children should have blood group O and no other group. But you can do the testing again if there is any doubt

    Added:
    Reply
  242. Lori T.

    Hi my mom said she is AB- and my dad is B+. I’m O-. I know my mom has the RH negative factor, which I have as well. Is it possible my dad is my dad?

    Added:
    Reply
  243. Susan Knight

    My parents are both A positve…I am B negative…is this possible?

    Added:
    Reply
    • There is a small chance that two A+ parents could have a child who was Rh-, but two parents with type A blood can’t have a child with blood type B.

      Before you jump to conclusions, it’s wise to have all three of you tested again to confirm your blood types. It’s not unusual for people to think they are one type when they are another.

      Added:
      Reply
  244. Reynaldo

    me and my wife are type O but my eldest son blood type is type AB. Is it Possible?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Tina

      No, sorry to have to inform you, but its not possible. Maybe you all should be retested.

      Added:
      Reply
  245. Namrata

    My Blood Group Is A+ and My Husband blood group is O- Please let us know which blood group or children will have? Also please let us know what are the precaution we have to take during the pregnancy? And is there any problem in making baby if blood group is A+ and O-

    Thanks & Regards,

    Added:
    Reply
    • mary

      I am too trying to find this out.I am a pos,and ex is o neg,my daughter is o neg.

      Added:
      Reply
      • There is a 25% chance that each child of an A+ parent and an O- parent will be O-. If you are concerned, DNA testing can give you specific information.

        Best,
        @MsGreene

        Added:
        Reply
  246. Martin Luther

    My Blood Group Is B+ and My Wife is B- Please let us know which blood group or children will have? Also please let us know what are the precaution we have to take during the pregnancy?

    Thanks & Regards,
    Martin Luther

    Added:
    Reply
  247. vinit

    My blood group is B positive & my wife has B negative…what is the possibilities of having baby…with blood group..can we have only one baby…or more???? Reply fast plzzz. It’s urgent! ***plzzz

    Added:
    Reply
    • sakshi sagar gaikwad

      my blood group b negative & my husband blood group b positive whats complication pregancy please reply me fast

      Added:
      Reply
  248. Nikhil

    My blood group is B positive and my wife blood group is O positive; Is it possible that my baby have blood group O negative.

    Added:
    Reply
  249. Michelle

    Hi Dr, both my parents are O and I am A+. My mom had lots of blood transfusions before I was born. Is this possible?

    Added:
    Reply
    • Vivian

      Hi Dr, I am O – and am looking to become a single parent with a sperm donor. Can you tell me what blood type to avoid please? Or if there are any complications with my blood type and any other blood type?

      Added:
      Reply

Got an idea, tip or a comment?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *