Guest Blogger

Dr. Jenn Berman

Dr. Jenn Berman

Dr. Jenn Berman is a Marriage, Family and Child Therapist in private practice in Los Angeles. She is the author of SuperBaby: 12 Ways to Give Your Child a Head Start in the First 3 Years for which Dr. Alan Greene wrote the foreword. She also the author of the Los Angeles Times best selling book The A to Z Guide to Raising Happy, Confident Kids which won the Mom’s Choice Award gold medal in parenting. In spring 2011 she will be releasing her first children’s book Rockin’ Babies which she co-wrote with Grammy award winning songwriter Cynthia Weil. Her “Dr. Jenn” parenting column is printed in Los Angeles Family Magazine and five other magazines every month and won the prestigious Parenting Publications of America award in parenting and child development. Dr. Jenn is also on the Board of Advisors for Parents Magazine. Dr. Jenn has appeared as a psychological expert on hundreds of television shows including The Oprah Winfrey Show and is a regular on The Today Show, The Early Show, and CNN. She hosts a call-in advice show on Sirius/XM’s Cosmo Radio. She has an eco-friendly clothing line for adults and children called Retail Therapy. All the tees have positive "feel good" messages and are made of organic and recycled materials. Dr. Jenn lives in Los Angeles with her husband and twin daughters. For more information on go to www.DoctorJenn.com or follow her on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/drjenn.com

Website:

www.doctorjenn.com/

Blog Posts by Dr. Jenn Berman

  • The Problem with Praise

    The Problem with Praise

    Emma, who has just learned to crawl, moves across the room showing new skill and coordination. “Good girl!” exclaims her mother. Jake comes home from third grade with an A on his math test. “You’re so smart,” says his dad, beaming with pride.

    Read full story
  • 5 Steps to Emotional Intelligence

    5 Steps to Emotional Intelligence

    Intelligence experts estimate that only 20 percent of a person’s success is attributed to IQ but that as much as the entire remaining 80 percent may be a direct result of what has become known as EQ, or emotional intelligence.

    Read full story
  • The Importance of Play

    The Importance of Play

    In a report issued by The Alliance for Childhood it was revealed that kindergarteners’ play time has greatly diminished. The study found that children spend four to six times as long being instructed and tested as they do in free play.

    Read full story
  • Raising Lifetime Readers from the Start

    Raising Lifetime Readers from the Start

    Ever since 18 month old child prodigy Elizabeth Barrett read flashcards on The Today Show, parents have been asking me what they can do to help their children acquire similar skills and learn to love reading.

    Read full story
  • Teaching Very Young Children to Give Back

    Teaching Very Young Children to Give Back

    Making a difference in the world and helping others are the best inoculations against poor self esteem for children. Having a sense of purpose, knowing that you can influence others and give back, creates a sense of self efficacy that leads to great self esteem. Performing meaningful activities decreases boredom, isolation, self-centeredness as well as […]

    Read full story